Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Except I don't have a fan base to answer like Fisher does, nor do I have such a public forum to display my stupidity.

2. leon2245

leon2245 Camp Fodder

mutiny is unity

coaches have used worse motivational tactics in less dire situations before(dropping trou, dressing like a flight attendant etc.), just nothing so public or offensive to their fanbase.

but this was absolutely insult by design, if you accept the premise that they've quit on him. Insulting the fans was just collateral damage. No one wants their fanbase to hate them anymore than they already will anyway- he only wanted to anger the players, & that's why he couldn't just wear a dungy jersey instead of peyton's. It had to be a counterpart to one of his players to send the message (preferrably one one his side that would play along). It's also why this wouldn't have been done at all if they were anything but winless.

So yes the act was offensive, the non-apology apology was weak, jokes & charities are not sanctuary for treason, & granted if any player (much less V.Y.) pulled a stunt like that it would have been the leading story for weeks- but if this somehow sparks enough anger in his players to "i'll show him" & play with some pride next week... it was not a mistake i.m.o.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Let me say what Gunny is gonna say before Gunny says it...

"That's just one instance, what about the other 99%"

I should come into my job with a competitors shirt on, say I wanted to feel like a winner, and cover up the whole thing and say it was for "Charity" I'll be shown the door as quickly as I came in... That would be another instance. Except I would never do anything of the sort because I like my job.

5. Swisher

Swisher Camp Fodder

Wow...I'm a Texans fans and hate the Titans and Bud Adams but I have always respected Jeff Fisher. Not anymore. I would be embarrassed to have him as my coach right now.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I am but it is hard too take anyone with the screenname "Swisher" seriously

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a hypothetical wouldn't be another instance. it's about as useful as me saying the same thing but I wouldn't get fired.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Let me say what I'm going to say as I say it..

"That is one sample instance that represents the other 99%."
    If you find fish in a small (say 1% of an) area of a lake or body of water...chances are that those same type of fish also live in the remaining 99% of the body of water.

I work for Verizon. Our dress code is business casual. I really don't know how I could come into work in a competitor's shirt w/o them saying something about the dress code itself, not the fact that I would be wearing an AT&T shirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar