Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I know we can talk in circles about this and that's fine. It's whatever, but from what I understand... Did the attendees donate any more after the speakers spoke? From what I can gather, it was an event to where you paid an outrageous fee to attend and that was your donation. Could someone please clarify? Reason being, I think he could have possibly hurt donations with what he said if this were the case. Sure you heard some laughs and claps... but after the laugh and claps in the video, there was a strange pause and an eery feeling of WTF. I wouldn't be surprised if this hurt funding if donations were given after the speakers. Its pretty much 60/40-50/50 on the opinion of his antics. You can't tell me there were some Titans fans in that audience that did not appreciate what he said. I wouldn't condone anyone interrupting what he said and heckling him because of the cause. That's silly and irresponsible. Just because people went along with it doesn't mean that it went over well. If its drawn this much buzz, then there had to be attendees that this wasn't cool.

If my assumption is right, and the money was donated before the speakers spoke. As in a fee for the ticket... Then Jeff had no business using a Charity as a pulpit to throw his team, city, owner, and fans under the bus. That's disrespectful but no ones talking about that because Jeff Fisher walks on water according to ESPN. I'm not a big Tony Dungy fan but he's done some good things and I can't deny that. I don't think Tony Dungy would ever throw his team under the bus in the manner that Fisher did. This wasn't the time nor the place. His ego must be bigger than the universe to use fallacy to justify what he did. Don't even apologize if that's gonna be your apology.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

"No Jeff, I won't bend over in front of you for the cameras".

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

it's like he's trying to get fired ...

I hope someone takes a crap on his desk tomorrow morning ...

4. mpd116

mpd116 Camp Fodder

I had a couple of more thoughts on this,

1. As far as the comments by Mike Golic saying he had no problem with it, that would be expected. Fisher was on Golic's coaching staff when he was a player in philly. He is a buddy ryan disciple and Golic is going to give Fisher a pass on almost anything.

2. The jersey is not really the root of the problem. I think the comment makes it much worse. "I just wanted to feel like a winner"? This is totally unacceptable. Vince caught hell when his photo came out with his boys in texas. Was told to use better judgment,etc...

The bottom line is that fisher is the leader of this team. Like it or not. Leadership is a BEHAVIOR, not a position. He just told his team that it is ok to slam your brothers. 59-0? I mean really, 59-0?? His team was busting their a** in the snow well after the game was all but over. And in the next breath he demeans them in front of a crowd.

I have to say as much as I hate it, I would fire him. The judgement he used here is unacceptable from the leader of a team. A rookie maybe makes a stupid mistake like this, not your leader. I don't know what is wrong with him.

And for those that say he will be hired in 2 minutes, hey that is fine. Let Jerry Jones hire him and see what he does if he wears another teams jersey and disses the cowboys in public. Jerry would fire him on the spot, I have no doubt.

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Come on people, it's a JOKE, all for fun for charity, it's like when a rival coach would wear another rival jersey FOR THE LOVE OF CHARITY, get the stick out of your bums GOSH! Go Titans

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

7. triggrman

triggrman Camp Fodder

It wasn't for charity.. He didn't make a dime for a charity because he wore a Colts jersey. All it did was stir up Titan players and fans, it didn't raise a dime, it just made him the :grrr::grrr::grrr: of a lot of jokes. If Dungy had said, I'll pay $100 for Jefff Fisher to introduce me while he's wearing a Colts jersey then it would have been for charity but that's not what happened. It' not even bringing a lot of recognition to the charity because they aren't even given out the name in all the reports, they're just saying a charity event.

Again, what other head coach of any sport has done something like this?

8. World Peace

He could have lied and pulled his little stunt and hardly anyone would have been pissed. He coulda said... "I bet Tony if we beat the colts (2 weeks ago), he'd have to wear a Titans jersey... but we lost, so I had to wear a Manning Jersey." You know, you lose a bet, you do something you don't wanna do, understandable... But no.. He had to go throw the entire organization under the bus by trying to be funny after he just let a team put up nearly 60 points on him. I just can't believe that we are even having this conversation.

9. World Peace

You guys can think whatever you want... but Jeff Fisher owes his entire career to #9.

Steve propped that man up and made him look like an awesome coach.. but you can't coach what Steve did on the field. He found ways to win when plays had broken down... he found running lanes when there were none... he broke his body for this team and still played. All of that stuff you can't coach. That's just who Steve was, yet Fisher gets alot of credit for wins that mcnair got by putting the team on his shoulders.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Herm Edwards on coaching advice ... he's been fired what twice now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar