Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

O yea so let me take a I love Osama T SHIRT to washington memorial
    This is a slap on the face..

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thank you for a well thought out post, and not some fanatical nonsense. I am going to disagree on a few points though. One, we arent like Jacksonville in the least, because our fanbase still buys tickets. Yes, it sucks to see so many empty seats at times, but those tickets are still sold. Two, some of that has to do with the size of our market. Obviously the larger cities have a bigger fan base, which means it is easier to get rid of tickets for games you dont plan on attending. And 3, you have to look at why some markets are more "prideful". Philly has a rabid fanbase. It is also one of the least mobile cities in the country, meaning if you are born in Philly, you are likely to remain in PHilly your whole life, so your teams become a bigger part of your life. I would much rather have a calmer fan base, than have to worry about constant fights in the stands and things of that nature. Someone was killed outside a Phillies game this year in the parking lot. Philly fans would say they are prideful, I would say they are over the top. Nashville, conversely is a transplant city. With the exception of Memphis, there are more people that have moved here from Los Angeles, than any other city in the country, for example. Because of that, a large portion of our population cheers for another team, or is at least bi-loyal so to speak. So while I dont disagree that our fanbase is much calmer (I wouldnt necessarily say less prideful) than a lot of other cities, I think you have to look at the reasons for that.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Ask Jim Mora what happens when you throw your team under the bus inlight of another organization.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

5. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

A moronic move by Fish. A team that has never won a super bowl has the league's best record one year. The very next, they start 0-6, and after suffering the worst loss a team has had in three decades, he puts on a division rivals jersey.

Fans are pissed. And people are surprised? Guh?

I realize it was a Dungy tribute, but it was still moronic, if not just badly thought out. Was this really the best idea he could come up with? Man, no wonder our play-calling has been so bad...

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What's pisses me off even more than initial incident is how he's responded. Saying "I apologize if I offended anyone..... but I'd do it all over again" isn't a real apology. That's just a lame attempt to get the critics off his back. He should've said something like "I didn't realize how much it might offend some fans and I'm sorry." THE END. No addendum of "But I'd do it all over again." This is but a small sample of his gigantic ego. As we all know, the guy simply isn't capable of taking responsibility for any if his mistakes.

And saying it was for charity is such a copout. He didn't have to go that far. I was listening to 104.5 today and Plaster was saying he sees where Jeff is coming from because one time someone offered to give a charity $1000 if he would sing Rocky Top. Only problem is that it isn't the same at all. Nobody was donating money to a charity if Jeff did that.

7. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

Which fans? 46 or so here? That's about it.

8. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

Guess what folks...

It was just a jersey. It was just a joke. It doesn't matter. It is not a big deal. You're overreacting and behaving like children. Get over it. Move on. You're embarrassing yourselves.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

right on with that one.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're still here?

Look, you have no idea what you are talking about.... at all. You keep ranting about how only a small pocket of fans on this forum are upset, which is absolutely absurd.
    I live in Tennessee. I've talked to several Titans fans about this today and a grand total of zero of them were cool with it. I've even talked to friends and colleagues who are fans of OTHER teams that said they'd be very pissed off if their coach did this.

To sit here and act like you know what's going on with the Titans fan base when you clearly do not is just ignorant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar