Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You put it quite well and this is 100% true.

This is the policy with many companies believe it or not.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

36 people here must be Colts fans.

Only justification.

Any other coach would have been fired for this. The next day. Let's see Holmgreen go out sporting a Romo jersey. See how that ends. Or maybe Kiffin sporting an Alabama jersey. People would flip the fluc out.

Why does this guy get a pass on everything? He's like the Vince Young of coaching. Nothing to warrant any of his support.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Of course Ive been to a Titans game, with all due respect you know nothing about me so quit basing your arguments on assumptions. All fanbases have jerks, but most fights start due to alcohol more than jerseys.

So you seriously think wearing a Colts jersey into LP field, is as offensive as wearing a racist t-shirt into Harlem, or anywhere? Seriously, you really want to run with that?

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I am surprised it took this long before some one broke out the predictable "real fan" argument. I forgot all the fans of a specific team had to walk lock step together.

5. World Peace

This isnt about wearing a Colts Jersey to LP. This is about someone whos supposed to be a leader of an organization wearing another teams paraphanalia. You are totally missing the point. What may not be offensive to you, is terribly offensive to others. Espicially when others have much more invested in something than you do.

My teams coach wearing a division rivals jersey is terribly offensive to me. I'm sure you could wear a racist shirt in a rural backwoods town in Tennessee and you won't get more than a crazy look. Depending on the person, you might get a pat on the back.

You wear the same shirt in harlem and you will get your face bashed in. If you are gonna say something is just a cloth.. Be prepared to defend your argument as it applies in different settings.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If you are comparing a Colts Jersey to a racist slur, then yes, that is exactly what it is about. Because your comparison was quite simply dumb, doesnt mean I missed any point, it just means your point was dumb. And again, you have no clue what I have invested or not, so I am not sure why you keep trying to make assumptions. The amount of money either you or I spend on the Titans, doesnt strengthen either of our arguments what so ever and is quite simply irrelevant.

And I gather people are offended by different things, and that is fine. You equate what he did to racism, I equate it to a joke at a charity event. We will leave it at that because obviously my outrage meter is not as sensitive as yours, so we will agree to disagree.

7. World Peace

It doesnt have to be a racial slur, it can be anything. Offensive is Offensive no matter how you cut it. I can be offended by a guy who drops the F bomb infront of kids, I can be offended by a racial slur, I can be offended by a coach that wears an arch Nemesis's jersey and jokes about his team being terrible. The same team I have spent alot of my hard earned money on.

It's just like the example of the president wearing a "I love china" shirt and saying.. "I just wanted to feel like we have a better economy." Sure, there will be people who defend him at all costs, but most of the people who have contributed to economy would be terribly offended.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I would think the gravity of the economy outweights that of a football team. Most people care about their job, their mortgage, their next meal, utilities etc etc, more than they do a football team. So IMO maching a struggling economy and peoples real life struggles is worse. But again, we arent going to agree, so no point in arguing about it.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As Erick mentioned before. ANY team with a fan base less wussy than ours would have his head on a stick. Imagine the most rambunctious college coach-Kiffin, wearing a Tebow Jersey and saying that... From the jester that he is, that would still not sit right with the fan base.

This is more comparable to Fulmer (considering his demeanor and legacy) wearing a Georgia or Florida Jersey. Think some people wouldn't be pissed? It comes down to the fact that Titans fans are mostly prideless. Not just because of a bad season. It's because we as a fan base are Fly-by-Nighters, like Bud Adams. Like father, like children. The point I'm trying to make.. the more die-hard the fan base, the less shenanigans you will stomach.

Obviously here, most of us are some of the dedicated ones. And I don't question anyone's fanship here, because you wouldn't spend your time bantering about something you don't care about, honestly.

Come to the home games in December if you don't believe me, versus going to a home game in Cleveland when the season is lost. Titans fans overall are lackadaisical, and don't care unless their team is winning. So if you take pride in nothing, there's nothing to be offended about when the leader of the team says derogatory things, even in jest.

If we had the track record that the Jags had, and if we didn't have businessmen buying out the seats, I would argue we'd be in the same boat as they are. But we've had some good seasons, and some division championships to keep fans hanging on. Jax has hardly anything of the sort, except for a few playoff appearances.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. World Peace

Reductio ad absurdum

"It was for a very, very worthwhile cause, charity."

It's okay to sell out your team, your employer, and your city.. As long as its for Charity...

If Andy Reid shows up in Eli Manning Jersey, it doesn't matter if its for Charity or for the Pope, I wouldn't want to speculate what Philly fans would do to him. The same fans that are known for pelting Santa Claus with iceballs and booing sick children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar