Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

You're secluded if you think it's only a handful of members here who got upset...

Everyone gets it that it was a joke, but it was in poor taste, and degrading to the Titans organization. I garauntee you Bud wasn't smiling when he saw it thinking, "Man that Fisher is a funny guy."

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

PSL owners are never guaranteed a winning season. If you dont like that risk, dont purchase a PSL. And as a consumer, you are more than within your rights to not spend any money on this franchise. I just think its a little childish that people get this upset over a football coach making a joke. Everybody is disappointed in the season, but the Titans are 0-6 whether Fisher makes a joke at a charity event or not. LIke others have said, criticize his coaching all ya want, but when you start making almost moral judgments over a harmless joke at a charity event, then you've lost me.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

You are right, I take it back. People can be overly sensitive cry babies all they want too.

4. PatS4

PatS4 Cheesehead

C'mon people,

It's not one of the most revered players in your team history is now playing for a division rival to get back at your franchise for an ill-percieved slight over not wanting to move on when he retired/unretired/retired, etc.
    Seriously, I feel your pain, but just think what us Packer fans have been going through.
    Fisher meant it as a(poorly thoughtout) joke and tribute to Dungy.
    Brent doesn't appreciate the opportunity he was given in GB(not to mention the $100M+) and basically told all Packer nation(especially his fans) FU!!!

:grrr:

You'll get over this!!

Good luck the rest of the year!!

Go Pack!!

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are missing the point. Saying the jersey is just a cloth is like saying money is just paper. I don't like to see the Titans lose, but if they are giving a 100% and losing, then I can cope.

When they come out and give absolutely no effort, that's when I have problems. People don't pay their good hard earned money to see players give no effort. Bud Adams even said that it was a coaching issue. Then.. less than 48 hours... Our coaching issue is magnified by a coach who just got beat by 59 points... who's team just quit on him and he shows up cracking unfunny jokes at the expense of his team in his arch rivals qb's jersey.

I guarantee you that if the setting was different (i.e. Not a "Christian" function) Fisher would have been booed off stage and people would have been throwing tomatoes and using coarse language.

He probably would have incited a riot. I dare Fisher to tell this same joke at LP Field.. That is if anyone even shows up.

If you are a coach, and you can't tell a joke within your own stadium... infront of your own fan base.. Then its not funny. You think Ken Wisenhunt would show up at a Cardinals game with a Steelers Jersey on saying "I just wanted to feel like a winner"?

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I guarantee you they wouldnt. THis board isnt real life. Most fans watch the game, and are happy if they win, disappointed if they lose, but get on with their lives regardless. And you will have to explain how Fisher making this joke means he isnt giving 100%. He is supposed to be focused on football every waking minute?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Are you serious? You really think it's just a "handful of members here" who are pissed? You obviously don't live in Tennessee. It's been all over the national media, local media, watercooler talk, etc. Most Titans fans don't like what he did one bit. At least attempt to get your facts straight if you are going to speak with such conviction.

8. World Peace

My life goes on regardless. Your comment is asinine.

Are you blind? How about this.. Stop selling out your fanbase by putting on enemy paraphernalia and getting your team back to its winning ways.

9. World Peace

Its one thing for a player to do this.. It's another thing for the leader of your organization to do this while hes stil lthe coach

10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

You act like he wasn't thinking about football when he made that move, or else he wouldn't have used a Colts jersey.

Does Dungy work for the Colts still? What does that charity event have to do with the Colts in Nashville? Did he just happen to find a Peyton jersey laying around his house?

Why wouldn't he have used the Tony Dungy Steelers jersey, he did have 6 ints for the 78 Champion Steelers also.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of him thought it would be a good idea, which I don't think I'll ever understand. It was a brain fart on his part. Maybe instead of planning how he was going to make an introduction for the past few weeks, he could have been thinking about how he was going to beat the Colts and the Patriots, watch some film, but apparently I need to rethink that though according to him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar