Fisher wears Peyton's jersey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TM, Oct 20, 2009.

?
  1. Yes. And he should be fired for doing it.

22.2%
  2. Yes. It was bad timing and in poor taste but he should not be fired for it.

35.0%
  3. No. It was just self-depreciating humor at a charity event.

42.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Some of you are the biggest freaking babies I've ever seen. I feel like the whiners make this site more of a chore every week.

Fire the guy because he's been incompetent, not because he wore a damn jersey as a joke for a charity event. Unbelievable.

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

How about both?

He doesn't even seem to care he pissed people off, says he would do it again if he had the chance, etc. He says if it upset people they need to rethink things... You know like why you would want him as a head coach, or why did the Titans put all their eggs in one mustache basket?

Those are his words not mine (except the last sentence) :D

What else does he mean about rethinking things? Like our loyalty to a team that's headcoach wears the enemies' colors? No coach has ever done something this dumb 9 days after that guy, whose jersey he was wearing, torched his unprepared team for over 300 yards and 3 tds.

Maybe he needs to do some more parachuting into practice maybe with his new jersey, that should help win games.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

My point is that some of the outrage this event IS missing the point. This is the worst side of Jeff Fisher I've ever seen as a Titans fan, and it has nothing to do with the jersey.

The ego of this man is enormous. Most of us are aware of this. He's always been a stubborn (some call this patience, but I disagree) individual in his coaching-style, but has been a good motivator in the past. Now he seems anything but. This team is as lost as I've ever seen a Titans' squad; never have a seen an entire team look so disconnected from what's going on the field. The locker room seems absolutely lost to me. THAT is why I would approve of him being fired, not because he makes a somewhat poorly timed joke at a charity event.

Was the action in poor taste at a poor time? Probably. Should this be the clincher for him getting a pink slip? That ship landed the moment his team was absolutely obliterated 59-0 in one of the most embarrassing routs I've ever seen on any field of play.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I would be.

Did he really tell some joke about being 0-6? If so, he should be fired today. I don't mind the jersey as much, but if our head coach is out there joking about being 0-6 after the worst loss in franchise history, while wearing a Colts jersey, YOU'RE FIRED!

5. cptcrash64

cptcrash64 Camp Fodder

No matter how you spin it, this was a stupid move on Fisher's part. No matter his intentions or the context in which it was done, he should have known it was going to further enflame a lot of already p.o.'d Titans fans. Maybe he wants to be ran out of town.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If it upset people, they do need to re-think things. Why our society is so sensitive I have no clue, but Fisher's job isn't to behave in a manner you, or anyone else on here deems fit. He knows his team is 0-6 just like you and I know that. Sports is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I never said he should be fired for it, just beaten...:grrhee:

8. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

What backlash? The handful of members here who are whining? That is not a backlash. There has been no backlash. It's not an issue. No one cares. It was only a jersey. It was only a joke. Almost everyone gets that.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

And the thousands of dollars that PSL ticket holders pay to watch a team is just paper that is made from trees. Jeff Fisher should be suspended without pay and his pay should be sent to PSL owners. You know, if he doesn't wanna support this team, crack jokes, and wear another teams jersey... then why should anyone spend another dime on this franchise? I most certainly will not.

10. cptcrash64

cptcrash64 Camp Fodder

Nor is it your job to tell others how they should feel about this subject. :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar