Fisher: "We Were Lucky to Win It."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In his Monday press conference, Titans coach Jeff Fisher admitted his team was lucky to win a game where they turned over the football five times and made numerous blunders on special teams. Yet he applauded the defense on an outstanding effort. "We were lucky to win it," Fisher said. "Let me point this out – there were 14 drives in the game. Half of [Atlanta’s] drives started inside our own 45-yard line. Five of those seven started inside our own 25-yard line. And we gave up six points." He went on to point out the Titans defense could improve. "I will also say that the defense can play much better than it did," Fisher continued. "It was a great effort, but they can still play better. We had some communication issues. We had some alignment mistakes. We had some other things happen that we need to get better at. That was our focus this morning as we watched the tape, was to get better this week, period.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Got that right Fishy!

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Today's sports page should have read....

"Despite a valiant attempt by the Titans offense to give the game to Atlanta, The Titan's defense and the Falcon's would have nothin' doin'." :))

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lucky is an understatement

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

5 official TOs, PLUS allowed 49 yards rushing on a gadget punt and lost 8 yards, and free ice cream for everyone because the rush yards promotion, on a botched punt.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How long did it take fisher to come up with lucky

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

About time! We lost our fair share of games like that in the last 3 seasons so good for us.

A good thing all around because we know we are better than that. We know that vince will likely have a couple of good games after each bad one.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Indeed fishy we played awful waffle!! I thought i was watching a pee wee football game every time the offense had the ball c'mon!! I guess we need to buy the offense some new sticky gloves cause, the ones they used sunday apparently were worn out. C'mon team can't win like this, we need to be consistent every sunday like our defense have been playing go "D" line. Big Haynesworth is on fire!!We need to be resigned him ASAP before someone else snatch him away.. GO TITANS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar