Fisher Wanting to "Get Back to the Running Game"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

not necessarily, when we ran on 1st, we would get a 1 yard loss. We don't seem to run out of anything but a strong TE formation, so it's not like we're going up there with 3 wide and running the ball on 2nd and 11, we're in 2 TE sets trying to run the ball on 2nd and 11.......VERY OBVIOUS. Then we would be forced to throw on 3rd and long. Even when we did throw on 1st and get 3-5 yds, we then run the ball and get stuffed, have to throw again on 3rd. So to say that if they stuff the box, we throw, then we would be throwing every play. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to be more creative with the formations we run out of and the types of runs, LenDale straight ahead, CJ on tosses draws and counters.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

^This is true

This is not true:
    The Jets might not have been a short drop, quick throw team at the beginning of the year, but they definately have been the past four weeks. I heard Jaws say that Farve's average distance per pass, from line of scrimmage to completion, the past four games is 2.8 yards. That's right TWO POINT EIGHT yards. If the Jets outthought our staff, it's because Schwartz and Co. missed the Jets previous three games and studied film on the '98 Packers instead. Our defense was not prepared to shut down what the Jets had been doing for a month.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Not only do we need to get back to the running game, but we also desperately need to get back to stopping the run.

We've dropped 11 spots since the start of the season when it comes to stopping the run. We've gone from 4th to 15th. Thats hardly a 'dominating' D-Line.. more like average.

Could KVB be the key factor? Is it coincidence that our ability to stop the run has decreased so much since his injury vs the Ratbirds.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As much as it may pain me to do so, I may watch the Jets game over. I swear even through my "tailgating goggles" on gameday that Favre would pump fake and then throw a slant on the other side without looking at the receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar