Fisher Wanting to "Get Back to the Running Game"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We just better finish the next five no worse than 3-2. No matter how ugly it ends up being.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well if those two losses are to the Steelers and Colts I'd be very dissopointed. That would be three teams who are considered some of the best in the AFC that we would lose to. I want no worse than 4-1 and that loss to the Colts resting our starters.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

let's see, we can't run the ball, we can't stop the run. So now we're going to force the run? Talk about creativity:) I love offensive ingenuity.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Yeah I hope we do get the running game back up and going but if it comes back against a team that is ranked last in run defense(Lions)that doesn't say much about our run game. Don't get me wrong I would love to see our backs rush for about 100 yards each in any game they can but they need to find a way to do it to some somewhat decent run defenses and if not hopefully the passing game will work out as it has in the past few games.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

so to say that we are going to "NOW" run the ball against eight man fronts? Oh, damn, I thought we were trying to do that the past 5 weeks. Kinda like taking what the defense gives you, if they have 8 in the box and we couldn't do it the past 4-5 weeks, we're just going to keep pounding it in there? Does this mean that we will get even more predictable and conservative with Fisherball?

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Your missing the point. We had started to become a pass first team, that's not who we are. We had 11 carries against the Jets for 45 yards, that's not bad. Did the Jets stop the run? Somewhat, but we didn't run enough to find out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

High Five for the above and for your signature. :thumb:
    The Crew was awesome this year! The Kings of REAL football!

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Rumor is LenDale wants to be traded for Michael Turner. He said the Falcons will let him run.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think I was just pissed at the blatant obviousness from Fisher. No kidding we're going to run the ball, Fish, but there still has to be balance or teams will keep stuffing the box.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

And if they do we throw the ball. When we played the Jets we were throw first and run second, that's the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar