Fisher - "Vince Young will return as our starter next year."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

OK......to clear this pick issue up, we have the 16 or 17 pick. We have a coin toss with Carolina to decide which one.

Spread the word.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wow @ people thinking CJ will hold out.

More proof stupid people shouldn't be allowed to talk.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

so youre going to gain 2500 yards from the line of scrimmage, pretty much carry the entire offense, then come to work the next year for vet minimum...

one would be stupid to think that CJ may ask for more money, and possibly hold out?

i guess my problem is that i dont get my american football knowledge from australian people =/

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

:ha: yeah, ok.

So you're saying if you became the 6th person to rush for 2,000 yards in a season AND broke Faulk's yards from scrimmage record, you'd be ok making $800k next season? Please.

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

actually i was initially wrong... hes making 560k next year, then 800k the year after that. a lot can happen over 2 years. CJ definately has to look for himself.

the titans would be a lot smarter to just give him more money and extend the contract instead of making CJ ask for more money (which he almost certainly will) and just keep a smooth relationship with your franchise guy. i mean hes been playing professional football for 2 years and he has over 4000 yards from scimmage.

6. mwhjr1988

mwhjr1988 Practice Squad

lol

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't disagree that it's "good money". But he deserves a new deal and I wouldn't blame him if he held out for more money (I don't think he would, just saying I wouldn't blame him). He's arguably the best RB in the league (2nd best at the very least). I normally wouldn't be supporting a guy wanting a new deal after only two years but I think he's done more than enough to prove he isn't just some fluke. He definitely deserves a pay bump. The number he is set to get next season isn't even close to what he's worth.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not on the vet minimum, but hey lets not get make stuff up to try and make a point.

He may ask for more. He won't get it.
    He certainly won't hold out.

yeah Pacman 4 HOF :rolleyes:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder when Adrian Peterson is going to hold out for a new contract...It's been 3 years at the top

10. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Emmitt Smith had to hold out after year two to get Jones to pay him. He missed the first two games and the Cowboys lost both of them. The man got paid. (And the Cowboys won the SB that season.) If the Titans have any "real" business sense they will renegotiate and get his pay base up and add some sweet incentives. Keep the man happy. When a person out performs their contract to this extent then the Management that refuses to reward it gets what they deserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar