Fisher - "Vince Young will return as our starter next year."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher on Monday left no secret about who his quarterback will be in 2010.

Vince Young did enough in his 10 starts to close out the ’09 season to prove he deserves the job, Fisher said.

“Vince will return as our starter next year,’’ Fisher said. “I won’t go into contract terms but he is going to return as our starter. I think the 8-2 (record) speaks for itself. He is 26-13 as a starter now and he came back this year after the bye and got under center and was a different quarterback, a different person.’’

Fisher said he’d also like for Collins, who’s scheduled to make $5.5 million, to return next season as well.

Read More

VY haters, this is your cue... :)

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Fisher would like to keep his job.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. VY2CJ=TD

VY2CJ=TD Camp Fodder

Not like there was any doubt, but I am still surprised Fisher has already came out and stated this. I have expected an "OPEN COMPETITION" for the starting position

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"I hope he doesn't fire me" - Jeff Fisher

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(on whether he fully expects to be the head coach of the Titans next year)

Yeah, you guys are stuck with me for a couple more years at least.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And everyone vomits in unison.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

collins needs to get cut.... CJ is going to make 800k next year, and will probably hold out. if he doesnt hold out, we still need to sign him for like 10 years 100 mil.

8. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

Only 800 thousand? Ya, cut Collins and give that 5.5 million to CJ.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

LOL at you.
    The truth is ole Buddy boy and Jeff talk weekly and after 16 years that's a lot of conversations. Don't believe the media hype, there's not any beef with the two of them.

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

LOL

And I'd like to add a "DUH" to the thread's main statement. Say what you will of his last two games but its obvious he's our current best shot and can possibly get the bugs out in 1 good off season if he works at it.

Here's hoping to him staying serious this off season....I think he will as he's seen how awesome even a small amount of success can be.

We need D BADLY we can't waste our draft on O...especially not a QB when we already have one attempting to groom himself for the starting slot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar