Fisher: Titans sticking with Collins as QB vs. Dallas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

my main point was we have no healthy guards going against a top 5 defense. not that dallas has a top 5 defense alone.

their defense is also a 3-4 defense, which is hard for linemen to decipher who the 4th and 5th rushers are.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I thought just Bell was out. But I think you'd be suprised at how well our line is doing. So far in these three games we have only given up 4 sacks, all Kerry "I couldn't scramble for my life" Collins.

I think the earlier he plays these defenses, the sooner he can be ready to be productive. And like I've said before; he's not going to blow his mind out from the complexity of some defense. He will just learn from it.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

amano, piller and olson are all gametime decisions. i agree, our line has been doing well in pass protection.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

May I buy a vowel?

[​IMG]

5. this is the worst decision in our franchise

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Maybe the idea is to milk the $2MIL failure for all he's worth (which isn't $2MIL) until he gets injured...the sooner, the better....THEN start VY.

Hey, stranger things have happened recently...

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The one thing I like is that we have something to point too if Fisher is fired. This was his call. Collins was his boy. And with every start we add one more loss. If he wants to save his job Young will have to start with at least 4 games left in the season.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'll give you plenty...

Let's try this...

Do you think VY knows the entire offense yet?
    Do you think not knowing the entire offense well enough to have success on the field is a good way for him to prepare for a game...and we're just talking mental stuff here...knowing the plays, route combos, route adjustments, hot reads, different protections for each formation and each play...AND...know all this against a 3-4 D?
    Since Young will not know all of the above AND not have much experience to draw upon, don't you think it's likely when he's confused he's more likely to run, hold the ball too long or chuck it up?
    Add in the fact that our OL is not particularly stout,,even before the injuries. Now both starting OG's are questionable and one of our backup OG's is also questionable?
    Add to that that Chow's system puts MORE stress on the OG's...who all happen to be injured.
    Add to that our run game has been stinking so we can't rely on a lot of that to carry the O.

And this is the meatgrinder you want Vince to be thrown into BEFORE he's ready?

You might want to risk a $100million investment on that, but I don't.

And now that you've significantly increased VY's chances of getting injured, what will you tell me if he does get seriously injured because he did hold the ball too long (cause he was confused)? That would put a quick end to his development, right?

Or suppose he gets so much pressure because of our OG's injuries that he can't do much but run (taking a beating) and throwing some dump offs...is that gonna help his development?

IF we had a strong run game and our interior OL wasn't all banged up it'd be a consideration assuming Vince knows ENOUGH of the playbook, protections, adjustments (blah blah blah) to be effective.

Since this is unlikely, the pros of him playing in the game unprepared for developmental purposes vs the cons of being unprepared, playing behind a hurt line, significantly increasing his risk for injury, and playing against a top 10 D to boot....are heavily weighed in favor of the cons.

As many have mentioned, the target date is most likely the Texans IF VY is ready by then. The Texans have a weak D and perhaps he'll be more ready 3 weeks from now (and maybe our OL will be healthier and hopefully we'll have found our running game).

If someone is gonna take a beating at QB, let Collins handle it. And Collins played decently against the Dolphins. Not great, not bad. And he should only get better as his timing on the deep routes improves. We had guys open for the big score. We just need to hit a couple of those and it's a different ballgame.

And if Collins hasn't picked it up heading to the Texans...I think we might see VY.

Gut

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

read Gut's post. You still think that?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Funny looking back at how some people thought it would ruin VY career to let him start last year...
    ...and how Fisher was sticking with his boy Collins...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar