Fisher Thought He Could Control Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Such as?

This is the first I've heard from Reese that is any way negative towards the Titans or Fisher.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This thing is going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah we definetly need Fisher around for atleast a couple more years. I would like to see atleast a 3 year deal get done. If he leaves are rebuilding will start all over again. He's also a good coach so I hope we get something done.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't he do it on Sportscenter too?

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

it already has gotten a lot uglier

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why read more into what Reese said than what he said. Certainly Fisher was confident he could work with Pacman enough to agree to draft the guy. Fisher simply didn't know things would be as bad as they have become which everyone, including Reese couldn't have predicted.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Seems to me that the issue was that Fisher never appeared to reprimand Jones for his behavior.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What makes this significant is that, up to this statement, all we heard was "we looked into his background and everyone loved him" talk. What this implies is that there were legitimate concerns about Pacman's behavior before he was drafted and the Titans did it anyway.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Spin doctors might now say Jeff Fisher is directly responsible for fixing the off-field behaviour issues in the NFL...

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This only adds to my belief that the best move the Titans made this offseason was replacing Floyd Reese.

That was number 1 on my wish list going into the offseason... now if only number 2 and 3 would come true.

2) Cut Lamont Thompson

3) Replace Schwartz

At least Thompson may not be starting, but we are definately stuck with Schwartz for at least another season. That concerns me a lot more than losing Pacman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar