Fisher the great communicator...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tex-titan, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Keith Bulluck has ELEVEN tackles this year. Kevin Mawae wasn't signed by any of the other 31 teams either.

Keep hating, haters.

One thing I have noticed. There are several anti-Fisher threads started by people with "tex" or some variation of Texas in their username. Any possibility these said people may be a little biased towards the Texas grown QB?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you just a mad vy lover.

4. barlow2008

barlow2008 Camp Fodder

nah, thats called reality which could be very evident come sunday.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Why do all Tennesseans embody the "Us vs. Them" sentiment?

6. Fry

Couldn't tell you, considering I've never lived in the state.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

Say what you will about VY, he probably deserve a lot of it... but how can you people possibly defend Fisher? I really don't get it. What has he done to make you defend him when he does stupid sht over and over again?

His game plans are bad.
    His halftime adjustments are bad.
    His W:L ratio is bad.
    His playoff performance is worse.
    His team plays down to bad opponents.
    He plays to stay in the game rather than win the game.
    He plays a grind it out style of offense with CJ.
    He consistently benches players that are more talented than the starters.

Just about the only good thing I can say about Fisher is that he's good with the media.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

This! I wish I could high five you a hundred times

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like how Fisher said "We tried to call but couldn't get ahold of him" when speaking about Bulluck.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

He's a compulsive liar, I'm certain of it.

And anyone that thinks this OL just fell off completely and it had nothing to do with Mawae being gone is delusional.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

I don't see how anyone of us can judge any coach's gameplan unless you're seeing a huge discrepancy in performance around the league. What would you prefer us do?

His W/L ratio indicates he has won more games than he lost. I'll take that over a guy like Josh McDaniels, who is single-handedly ruining an organization.

His playoff performances are worse. When was the last time we were not competitive in a playoff game? The thing that has lost us playoff games are turnovers and missed kicks. How can you blame Alge Crumpler and Lendale White fumbling in the redzone on Jeff Fisher? I don't blame Drew Bennett dropping a lollipop pass against the Patriots on Jeff Fisher. I blame Jeff Fisher for making Ray Lewis grab the ball out of Eddie George's hands and running it back for a touchdown.

I guess we could just do a sweep with CJ every play. Or maybe we could have that all-pro quarterback we've been stashing on the practice squad throw it 40 times a game.

If you want to make an argument that he's a bad coach, you're not going to win. If you want to make the argument that it's time for a change because he's had enough time here, that's fine, but I won't be the one making it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar