Fisher Survives as NFL's Longest-Tenured Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

from this week's Sporting News:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Jeff Fisher doesn't keep a cot in his office, even though he has slept on the leather couch a few times.

"I come to work, go home," he said. "I'm going to be at a high school football game on Friday night, take my vacation time. It is a very complicated, sophisticated, complex -- and I think other people would say pressure-oriented -- business," the Tennessee Titans' coach said. . . .

the rest of the story . . .

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

VY bought him another 4-5 years minimum. But he was close to going out. Both before the draft of Young, and when his stubborn commitment to Collins was holding the team back. But I give him credit, he put away his pride and put VY in. That saved his job. It really did. And now, he's going to have a nice run with VY and Lendale White.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

why is LenWhale gonna fetch Fisher and Young some Krispy Kreme and coffee or something.

Seriously White has not earned anything at all. I would love to see a return of the power run game to Tennessee, certainly I think LW can deliver, but he ain't done it on sunday yet.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Which is why it bought him some time. Young players with potential who haven't done anything buy coaches time. You are allowed to lose with young players. And when you win like we will, you were the one who brought them along.

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

As I recall PSJ, it did not exactly go down like that. I think Bud Adams put Fisher's pride aside and said play the kid.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Or, maybe it had just reached the point where VY was finally ready to play.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT..

There isn't any more evidence that lendale won't be a good player than there is suggesting he will. If someone believes he will be a good player why knock it? Another lame fat joke doesn't lend anything to the discussion. From what i hear lendale is not over weight at all in camp..

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's exellent news. Because there's a chance that the team is going to rely on him in a big way.

No pun intended. ;)

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thanks for the advise

This the same slack you gave EG at the end? No I guess not

10. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

No, as I recall it was more like Fisher saying every week that he is improving but he isn't ready yet. Media question, "when will he be ready?" Fisher response, well he isn't there yet. Next day Bud Adams says something to the effect "play the kid." Sunday, Vince starts and all is well in Titan land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar