Fisher starting to lose credibility?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Here's where I stand on this.

Everyone is ripping Fish based on one call. A fourth down gamble. A gamble for the most part is meaningless, right now. Because unless we beat Pittsburgh we're the #2 seed. Even if Bironas had kicked a FG in that situation. Because Pitt beat Baltimore, and they get Cleveland after they play us. And, we go to Indy.

And, had Fish decided to kick the FG and Bironas missed (into a wind) everyone (including all Fisher haters) would have asked "Why didn't he punt them deep instead of try the FG?" :rolleyes:

He did what he had to do in that situation on that particular day. Our D couldn't stop Houston when they had to. So, he rolled the dice and lost.

We're in the playoffs and no worse than the #2 seed (playing for HFA on Sunday).

Get over it people!!! :grrr:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This thread isn't about whether or not Fisher made the right call. I don't think anyone is necessarily ripping on him either. The Titans are 12-2 so whatever he is doing appears to be working rather well.

But the media has rarely questioned Fisher. They often avoid the tough questions. And they continue to feed the fans what he says without question despite the truth coming out on stuff such as this.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fisher did the right thing saying he had a good working relationship with reese even if he didn't. i'd rather that happen behind the scenes than have something like what happened in oakland with kiffin and davis.

4. TitanJeff

Why?

What's wrong with "no comment" or, "I have a lot of respect for him and wish him the best"?

At what point does the media begin doubting EVERYTHING he says because he's fed them BS before? To me, you are setting up a situation where the media has to be skeptical even when they don't need to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why would you want him to air the team's dirty laundry in the media?

everyone had a problem with lendale saying that he wanted more carries publicly, so what's the difference if fisher says he wants more control publicly?

6. TitanJeff

"What happens in the front office is something we like to keep private. I wish Floyd Reese the best".

There is no lie there and nothing wrong with that.

And I didn't have any problem with White wanting more carries. Any decent RB who has confidence in his game should. How he said it was the problem. The "I don't care" stuff.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I could care less what he tells the media, just make the correct calls on the field, this week he made a few bad ones. So yes, His credibility has gone down in my eyes.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My only issue with Fisher is his playing poor 'reliable' veterans over younger less experienced players.

Coaches who are vocal about issues & problems make for great sound bites but seem to be remembered for that rather than what they accomplish.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I think any coach who starts Jmac their credibility should go right down the drain automatically :flush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar