Fisher starting to lose credibility?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember when Bud decided to not renew Floyd Reese's contract? Fisher talked about how he and Floyd got along so well, good working relationship, etc.?

This from an interview of Bud this week by Wyatt:
    "Fisher told me he wanted to be making his own decisions and not having to go through Floyd so I had to make a choice, either keep one or the other, and both of them are good. I went with Jeff because he has been a very good coach for us and I wanted to keep him. Floyd was a good general manager. I have nothing against Floyd; he was a good worker when he was with me."

I was a bit surprised with this comment.

We've all known Fisher to occasionally work the media. He's the master of coach speak. But, for the most part, the media has taken what he's said at face value and not questioned him even when the Titans were losing.

Bud's comments, in addition to some of the things which happened during the Vince Young mess appears to show Fisher less than truthful.

I'm wondering if this might lead to a little more cross-examination of some of the things Fisher says in the future.

2. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so what?

everyone knows fisher isn't 100% truthful with what he says. i guess everyone except the tennessean reporters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yeah I don't think that many people are shocked really. I always thought that was what happened. It was the whole mess over picking Pac Man.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If Fisher was in New York, Boston, or Dallas, things would be different.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Have to agree with the sentiment here... he lost credibility to me along time ago.

Maybe some that don't stay as informed in Titans news are now seeing that.

7. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

He'd have to get more creative with his bull****ing, is that what you're saying?
    Cause I would most certainly buy my used car from Fisher if I had a choice between Fisher and Belichick. :drink:

8. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well I think allot of people have known he was always stretching the truth.

But hey he is in charge of 52 millionaire crybabies. I'm sure he tells all of them individually they're his favorite.

9. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Seriously though, as long as he's not losing credibility with his players and his coaches. I don't see it as a problem. Sure, he might be cooking up some stories to the media now and again. But he's the kind of coach that handles things in house, for better and for worse.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Fisher wouldn't be in Dallas because Jerry Jones only hires yes-men any more. He might as well just put on the headset and coach the team because they are neutered once they sign the contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar