Fisher should have challenged the Hall catch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Yes he should have challenged. Worst case scenario is that it's ruled a catch, and the ball is moved to 4th and inches. I still doubt fish would have gone for it though without bubba white on our roster

On a related note, the minute his Achilles heals up, we really need to get bubba (or someone just as effective) back on our roster.

2. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Ditto here, my dad started bringing me to games in the 60's. Many fond memories of the time I got to spend with him, even if there were some really really lean years win wise.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This single play is a micocausum of why Fisher isn't a great coach. There is absolutely no reason that you do not challenge such a pivotal play, worst case scenario we lose a timeout no big deal. The real reason he didn't challenge the play... he is more than happy with a field goal, and that is his problem. Instead of trying to score as many point as possible, he's fine with settling.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

And like I said yesterday, if Fisher had the benefit of seeing all of the replays we saw AFTER THE FG, he probably would have challenged the call. However, he did not have this benefit. The game was in Giants stadium, and the home field will not show replays that work against the home team. Also, I was watching the game, and there was ONE replay of the play prior to the FG.

Be critical of Fisher if you would like, just pick legitimate issues to criticize please.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It doesn't matter. There was nothing to lose- only to gain.

So he not throwing the challenge is just him not thinking in the moment- nothing he's unfamiliar with.

6. CheeseheadTitan

And again...what he had to lose was a timeout in the third quarter of a close game. A FG puts him up by 2 TDs...in a close game at that point. With the benefit of all of the angles of the play that we all saw (AFTER THE FG) he would have likely challenged the call.

Hindsight is 20/20, which is why all of us are coaches of the year here.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hindsight nothing. Most of us knew the right call from that moment. Fisher didn't. Losing 1 TO is nothing. Vince usually burns one or two of those by confusion alone.

Up by 11... take the chance on the TD.

But again, it's Fisher. The guy dreams of field goals.

8. CheeseheadTitan

Actually, up by 9 (9 + 3 = 12...two tds. 9+0 =9...one td, one fg...).

Losing 1 TO is nothing until you need it late in the game...which usually results in us criticizing the game management.

We can split hairs on this all day....bottom line is that he made a call that I agree with and you do not.

9. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

third quarter? The play happened with 7:50 left in the 4th quarter. The Titans were going to be up 9 or 13 depending on the review. The Titans weren't going to be calling timeouts either way, they were going to be draining the clock as fast as possible. There was literally nothing to lose by challenging that play.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have no idea how this thread manages to hold the massive egos most of you have.

Fisher prefers to settle for FGs? Are you really that f'king stupid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar