Fisher should have challenged the Hall catch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

That was close enough to be a TD. I understand the thought process of kicking the sure FG even if it was ruled down at the 6 inch line but getting a TD out of that was worth a lost timeout up 9 in the second half. Just my opinion.
    I bet Fisher admits he would do it different after seeing it.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He probably would have if CBS gave the guys in the booth a decent angle before the FG was kicked. Instead, they show the only angle that shows it was a catch after the fact.

3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

No argument here.

The worst that could have happened was we lose a timeout.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Questioning Fisher dbc?!?! :eek:

:ha:

I agree. If it wasn't a TD it still would've been 4th and inches. If VY behind our O-line couldn't dive forward for the TD in that situation then we don't deserve any points anyway. With a legit QB on the other side you can't be too careful. It's not as if it was impossible for them to come back at that point. I'd like to see us widen the gap as much as possible in a situation like that.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think he didn't challenge it because we were still on 4th down if it was ruled a catch.

Either way we were going for 3 points.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

At first didn't they show a side endzone view? I could have sworn you could see he rolled over the white line and had the ball over it before being touched. So that proved that it was a TD, then the other view proved it was a catch.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It looked like a TD to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Vy should have thrown it properly, it would have been an easy TD.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

It was a TD he should of challenge.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I could be mistaken, but wasn't this the play where VY literally had two defenders in his face as he was throwing the ball? If so, then I contend it's rather difficult to throw right on the money in a situation like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar