Fisher Sees Progress with Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Finnegan a good safety,are you kidding me?Finnegan is a CB and a great dime/nickel player.Again why would you want to change a players natural position?It doesn't make any sense.The only way i can understand it is if we were hurtin on depth which we're not.Griff could turn out to be a stud CB,but let me ask you this,if Pac comes back where do you think Griff is going to end up?Exactly,right next to Hope.

2. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Finnegan played safety in that jags game when he scooped up the ball and ran through jones drew and scored lol.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, he played nickleback. LOL

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So we're to assume that Finnegan will be a good safety because he was in the right place at the right time and took a fumble back for a touchdown?

5. Well then he didnt really do anything in coverage which is what u want ur safetys for first of all. Yes he scooped up the ball and ran which was a good heads up play, but he did not run through MJD, he stiff armed him. If they were going straight Finnegan would have outran him most likely due to his 4.33 forty compared to MJD 4.45 forty.

6. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Haha man did yall see finnegans speed and toughness and skills, that dude looked amazing. people say he reminds them of blaine bishop.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

:ha: :ha: :ha:
    Thats the funniest thing Ive ever read in my life. You really think that thats the reason he would outrun him? Because of a 40 time? Lemme guess, you actually think the 40 time is a great measure of one's speed. lol

And correct me if Im wrong, wasnt Finnegan a safety in college? Its not crazy to think he would make a decent one.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I see both sides here, and I agree with both. Griffin's natural position is a safety, and he is a hard hitting safety. I want opposing WR to fear our secondary and putting Griffin at safety and he would lay anyone who came across out. But I do not think we have good enough corners or depth besides Harper, and Hill maybe. The rest are unproven so I could see why putting Griffin there makes sense, but he will probably go for the big hit too often at CB.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Do you think a car that does 0-60 in 4 seconds would beat one that does 0-60 in 5 if they ran the quarter? Logic is a bee-yi!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Finnegan at safety...

Too small. 188 lbs is simply too small to play safety in this league he will take a major beating. Blaine bishop was not a big guy but he was over 200 lbs and bishop was a highly unusual player. Someone able to name a stud 188 safety in todays nfl? The 6 safeties voted to the pro bowl this year averaged over 210 lbs..

Finnegan was one of the best slot cover guys in the league last year so why change that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar