Fisher seemed giddy with Collins at QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A drafted capable backup (possibly Rusty)- long term, would be wise as Collins is near retirement but as long as he is capable it is certainly worth a little extra $ to be able to have a team-experienced, successful-in-the-system head backing up the most valuable position on the field on a team who's starter historically gets injured and misses games.
    Some folks just seem so blinded by this anti-Collins rhetoric that they start thinking irrationally. Good grief..

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

kfc man - KFC!

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Let's just agree to disagree. Kerry is at best a solid backup. Meaning he will not beat the better teams (if so he would not have lost the starting job) but can come in to save a win against teams we should beat. Fisher seems to have turned a corner on Vince by starting to believe that he is the starting QB (who wants to perform for a boss that thinks he sucks) maybe Dr. Phil helped with this. Finally, The VY haters are starting to see that Vince can perform "well enough" in the NFL. We will make the playoffs with Vince at QB.

5. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

At some point, Jeff Fisher and team management need go "all in" with Vince and not bother with who the backup QB is. Spending top money on Collins (in a backup role) is not good for the team if it means not spending more money in other areas. That said, if they feel VY is not the answer, they should cut him.

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

First and foremost, I want Vince to do well. If he does well, then the team does well also.

Honestly, I like VY and he's shown that he's improving but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping that the Titans were one of the teams that had contacted the Eagles about Kolb a few weeks ago when the story broke that he could be on the trading block.

7. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

I have said my thoughts on this relationship before but I will say it again!

Fisher wanter Cutler, still upset Adams wanted VY and VY will have to prove and prove himself over again, until Fisher is happy with him!

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Fisher wanted Leinart. Reese wanted Cutler. Bud wanted VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

A house divided. Well, Fisher was wrong.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yay, more Terd Sandwich vs Giant Douche debates...it is election season I guess, so it's fitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar