Fisher seemed giddy with Collins at QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Was it just me or did Fisher seem giddy with Collins at QB. Anyhow, glad to have Kerry as the backup QB.

Good win against the Jags!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Glad to hear Collins say he is the backup to Vince in post game interviews. Maybe the team (i.e., Collins and Fisher) turned the corner regarding who should start at QB. Therefore, Fisher's giddiness is attributable to his sense of validation for spending the big money to keep Collins as the seasoned backup.

3. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

It's no secret that Collins is Fisher's preference, but that doesn't matter as long as VY keeps winning and putting up decent numbers.

Go Titans!

Go VY!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The first thing Kerry said in his post game interview is that he hates for Vince to be hurt.

Every titan fan knew that the game was in good hands with Kerry out there that we had a guy who was seasoned, knew the system and was totally accepting of his role. Pathetic to try and make a controversy of that.

Kerry looked the same to me that he did 10 years ago with the Giants. I think we need to give him a new contract. He has lost nothing on his fastball and takes good care of himself.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Fisher was happy because the Titans were killing the Jags.

He looked just as happy when Young threw his TD pass and very concerned when Young got hurt.

You are seeing things that just aren't there.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I HATE saying this, but Kerry did look good out there. Ouch that hurt!

He didn't look like his garbage self from last year, he moved his feet and avoided a defender! But him, Fisher, and everyone knows Vince is the QB.

7. T-Titan

T-Titan Starter

almost anyone would look good out there. The Jags defense is horrible. I would have to say Vince would have had the game completely out of reach by halftime the way he controlled that first drive. Plus Fisher said that even if VY doesnt practice he will be the starter this sunday if he can go.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kerry wasn't that bad the first 4 games last year. Even after the Colts game his passing rating was around 70 but the Pats game it was about zero.

Hard to say how he would have done those last 10 games but we can accept the fact that he is a backup and not a starter. He is a good backup.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Kerry looks great when there's no pressure on him. Drew Bledsoe would have looked great in there, the Jags wasn't getting it done, no sacks whatsoever.
    I want Vince back ASAP, but I don't think he'll be ready for the Eagles. They have a way better pass rush and it would be better to have him 100% than lose him for the season because we rushed him back. I hope Kerry will do okay, but I'm afraid that it'll be the same old run, run, pass offense with him in there.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I thought it was just me thinking that. I can't even knock KFC because he did finish that Jags game up for us pretty well. He played solid, made good throws and even moved around a little bit. What I like about the guy the most is that he says all the right things afterward. He already knows what the questions will be, and he answers them about as politically correct as possible.

He could easily say, "I should be starting" but he takes the high road and gives Vince the respect that Vince didn't necessarily give to Kerry when Kerry was our starter.

The most important thing to me in all this is that we win every game we play regardless of who's quarterbacking. H3!! throw Rusty in there as long as we get the W.

I definitely agree that we shouldn't try to rush VY back because I'd rather him sit out this game and get to 100% than to have him play and hurt himself even worse.

And to say that we should re-up Kerry's contract, GTFO. He's a good backup but he ain't that damn good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar