Fisher Says Young's Injury Not Serious

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Wow i just feel like going to confession for blasphemy after reading that!

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, who knows if Peyton ever will?

3. I don't remember anywhere in my post stating not to ever start VY. What I'm saying is there is absolutly no need to start him this quick. A rookie mistake like what he tried to do saturday night could have cost him the entire season. To me, imo, it's not worth starting somebody that has his potential to early. He has much to learn before being named #1. And yes, those coaches (and G.M's) of those listed besides dungy are idiots.:))

4. H Man

H Man Guest

I don't care who you are...that there is funny!!

Back to the thread topic, current discussion about whether or not he's ready to play, not withstanding. I just read an interesting quote from Vince. When asked about the ankle injury, he said, "It was kind of a tradition for him to tweak his ankle every first game." Then said "It was pretty cool." :bonk:

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I just hope he doesn't "tweak his ankle" anymore.

6. FishFearMe

FishFearMe Starter

My first post gang -
    I think the issue of when (or if) to start a rookie is as much a matter of their maturity -- how they react to adversity - as it is their game readiness. All new QB's will make rookie mistakes -- it's a matter of how those mistakes affect them. Take a look back at two HOF QB's - Troy Aikman and Dan Marino - both started as rookies (Aikman's situation most comparable to Young).

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You (all Titans fans) and everyone in the Titans organization.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I personally would like to see him as the 2nd string guy but atlease one or 2 drives per game get in there to see how far he has progressed. Lets face it, this team is not going to the playoffs. If they are .500 by the end of the year I will see it as a successful season.

Vince and the coaches needs game time to benchmark his progression.

9. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

You are right. There is no NEED to start him this quick. My entire argument is against the people who are acting as if Vince can only learn by sitting a year and that starting him game 1 will somehow destroy him. It's ultimately up to Fisher. But if he decides to start him game one, people should not worry that he will be forever lost because of it.

Also, that ankle tweek Saturday has absolutely nothing to do with the horrible rookie mistake he made. He was getting tackled as he threw up the ball. So he was gonna get that ankle tweeked regardless.

I don't know that a rookie QB stands anymore risk of injury than any other QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar