Fisher Says Texans Game No Different for Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher is downplaying the fact that rookie QB Vince Young will approach Sunday's game against the Texans any different than he would any other game just because he is from Houston. "It’s big because it’s the next game," said Fisher. "Depending on the outcome, I think he’ll reflect after the game. That’s what he needs to do is think about what he’s done when the game’s over. Just don’t approach this any differently than the last few weeks and he’ll be fine." Fisher went on to say that his QB will be focused and had a very good day of practice on Wednesday. "It’s not all about the Houston Texans. It’s about the next game, our next opponent. He’s developing. As I said he had a good day at practice. He’ll be focused. It doesn’t matter who he plays this week, he’s going to improve."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. that would be awesome if he just played like he did back in texas, like how he ran it and everything, just to show them that they should have taken him, i hope he makes mario look like a fool

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

yeah totally agree....i hope he embarasses mario, also i think it will only be better when we go to houston...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that would be funny if he totally elluded Williams and ran 30+ yards more than once. And by ellude, I mean run at and juke. That would be awesome. :applause:

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

You can bet your life this game is different for VY. He will be fired up and if he's not to hyper he may have an outstanding game. I think he will take of and run more from the pocket than he has and will put a lot of pressure on their D. I believe his teamates think so much of VY that it will be more than just another game to them too. It's great that a kid like this is so respected and liked by his teamates as a rookie that they will want to be sure to get the win for him.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

Do you say that because you wish that we had taken him?? Did you want Mario, is that why you're bitter??

How are you going to say, "see you should've taken him" when our QB is the most acurate in the league, has the 4th highest QB rating in the league, & has 57 rushing yards with a rushing TD to boot??

Did I want the Texans to draft Reggie Bush?? no..... did I want them to draft VinceYoung....... of course I did. But nothing Vince can do will show us anything. David's got to fail as a QB for me to say we should've drafted Vince, and so far he hasn't.

Now if Vince goes off like he did last year, I honestly can't tell you if I'll cheer or cry.... I just don't know.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mario does a good enough job of that himself.

9. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Uh....So says you. Career Wins 20 - Losses 50. And last year should have been his last after regressing from what 7-9 in 2004 to 2-14 in 2005. That says backup to me.

Well if your a fan of VY then cheer. And hope that you guys either get Quinn or Smith this offseason.

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yes, but a lot of times a win/loss record does not tell the whole story. Carr's numbers aren't great by any stretch the last couple of seasons, but they aren't bad either.

In fact, I'd say that they are very decent numbers considering the amount of pressure and sacks that guy has to take every year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar