Fisher says Ringer will play bigger part.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

In the new interview on www.titansonline.com Fisher was asked about letting CJ practice less since he is taking so many carries in games. Fisher answered by saying, " No he will still practice the same, but we are thinking of letting Ringer play more at the beggining of games".

That's a paraphrase, but it is interesting. I guess we will find out next week.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He should get more playing time in the beginning of the game. CJ looked gassed on that 42 yard run.

3. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Ringer should get about 10 touches a game.

I think given how he has shown to make the most of his chances, he could steal a TD from CJ a few times this season on 10 touches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

at least we know they are "thinking"

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think we can all agree that this is a good idea.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Cj had his best games last year with lendale gettin bout 8 runs. That was quickly stifled tho

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Running back by committee just seems like the "in" thing to me, these days. I'm all for it.

I see it as an opportunity to NOT run CJ into the ground. Extend his career and such... it's not as though Ringer isn't a serviceable back, either. He's got talent. It's high time we see it!

8. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

you're looking a version of Flash and Thunder!

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ringer has shown he can perform...I think this is very smart. If we want to be in the hunt in December/beyond we need CJ to be as fresh as he can be.

I would like to see Ringer getting 10 or so touches, beginning in the second quarter.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hall and Ringer to "soften" up the defense and CJ to take advantage. I can definitely see it working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar