Fisher said........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

He probably didn't have the nads to be critical of the coaching staff to Fisher's face. Instead he chose to throw his teammates under the bus instead of actually acting like the leader he's supposed to be and taking his concerns to the players directly.

Volek can kiss my :moon2:
    Collins can kiss my :moon2:
    and Fisher can kiss my :moon2:

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

one thing for sure we may never know who he meant :ha:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

touche

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I guess we disagree. I would NEVER be caught working for someone who isn't man enough to listen to and respect my opinion, whether he likes it or not.

5. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

as the late pro wrestler owen hart would say " ENOUGH IS ENOUGH , AND ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE", AND IN THIS CASE , A BIG CHANGE! why can't fisher wake up and smell the roses and realize that we he is doing now IS NOT WORKING, NOT EVEN CLOSE! collins sticks! if fisher had any brains, he would be trying new things AND ONE OF THEM MEANS , STARTING VINCE!

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Pardon the pun but what we're smelling aint roses :hitfan:

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

When the head coach starts a worse player over a better player for personal reasons, they need to be fired immediately.

And from the looks of things, this is exactly what happened.

So, let him make that call, and get fired for it, or let him "see the light" and bench KFC.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Volek was never that bad..

I have to hand it to bigtitan he might be the only person here still defending the whole collins debacle. It like those lone 2 votes for keeping schwartz as DC.

Volek had ten starts and was solid in almost every one. Collins has now had 2 starts and sucked in both.

If there are system problems that's another one on fisher since he hired chow. My guess is that volek was talking about that and he also probably thinks that the offensive line can't block anyone if their lives depended on it.

It is the job of the coaching staff to adjust to the strengths and weaknesses of your personel right? You don't just say here is the system adjust to it or be benched. :rolleyes:

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That is the main problem I have with the Defensive staff. Their inabilty to change and adapt to their personel. It seems like we have the wrong players in our scheme, Pacman and Reynaldo are man cover guys, they get stuck playing zone. Chris Hope is a SS, but we have him in coverage 50 yards downfield? I don't blame the players, they too have limitations.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not defending collins. i think vince should be the starter at this point. i was willing to give collins a shot and he failed.

but i dont think you can have any confidence in a qb who doesnt have confidence in his guys. maybe that's why we barely saw any deep passes in the preseason? maybe volek just didnt trust any of his guys to go make a play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar