Fisher Reflects on Some of His Memories of McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher commented this afternoon on a few of his memories of Steve McNair. "Probably my most significant, now that I had a chance to think about it, was at Pittsburgh, after the bye (week) when Steve had the injury. Neil (O’Donnell) was knocked out of the ballgame with about a minute left and Steve was I think 4 for 4 (completions) and had one scramble. He ended the drive with a touchdown pass to Erron Kinney to win the game and he wasn’t expected to play. They’re just so many of those memories and there is so much about what Steve has done that you never would have got a feel for," said Fisher. "The things that he did to get on the field and the things that he did to play. So many games that he lined up as a starting quarterback where nobody else in the league would have lined up and played through the different type of injuries. So, he’s a very courageous example for the youngsters to look up to. His years here and the plays here have been nothing less than splendid. You hope that he continues that level of play so that he walks away on his own terms."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think all of Fisher's best memories involve beating the Squeelers.
    :ha:

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

and steve being injured...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar