Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i agree 1000% if we had pacman last year we would have won at least 1 more game also we would have beaten the chargers in the playoffs because with pacman on the field their is no way that big country bumpkin( phillip rivers) would have thrown for 250 yrds and 2 td's the chargers wouldnt have scored at all... open your eyes people with pacman off this team our secondary will crumble in the 2nd half of every game just like it did last year... most of pacmans biggest games came in the 2nd half of games... he is a play maker and raises his game in the 2nd half of games harper is too old and gets worn down in the 2nd half and finnegan lacked the mental toughness too finish off games last year now hopefully he has mutured and will be able to handle it this year but without pacman our secondary is half as talented. alot of you blame schwartz for our second half breakdowns last year when alot of the blame should be placed on the secondary and the fact that pacman wasnt playing last year

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

But our overall D climbed a little from that #32 spot ... but I guess that is not really all that important right? :rolleyes:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not that it's important. It's that it's irrelevant. How many games were given up by big plays against Nick Harper?? I can name at least 3 off the top of my head.
    It's completely silly to say the defense was better because pacman wasn't there. The defense was better because:

1. We finally got pressure up front.
    2. Lamont Thompson was gone.

Saying the defense got better because the best defensive player we had was gone is hilarious.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Defense got a lot better. I don't know how anyone can say different. It's not even close.

2006 \ 2007
    5915 \ 4665 total yds - Pac-less team better
    369.7 \ 291.6 yds per game - Pac-less team better
    2313 \ 1478 rushing yds - Pac-less team better
    144.6 \ 92.4 - rushing yds per game -Pac-less team better
    3602 \ 3187 passing yds - Pac-less team better
    225.1 \ 199.2 passing yds per game - Pac-less team better
    400\ 297 points - Pac-less team better
    25.0 \ 18.6 points per game - Pac-less team better
    32 \ 5 defensive rank - Pac-less team better
    10 \ 8 wins - Pac-less team better

With pac man in the backfield, we practically gave the other team and extra touchdown per game and an extra 1,000 yd running back and a 1,000 yd receiver. It goes to show you Albert, our franchise player, was right. We are better off.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fish effed up and should have kept his mouth shut. The FO resolved to dump back months ago. The trade, when announced, will be questioned by many but not scrutinized by the media until he produces next year. Pac WILL produce next year- get ready to swallow it when he is taking KR/PR and INT's to the house in Big D.

I don't want to hear anybody griping about it when it happens. The Titans FO needs to just pony jup now and emphasize with more volume that we have "moved on". Fisher needs to admit he failed with Pac and Pac failed with him. Just didn't work out. The FO needs to get the fans a damn play-maker to calm a lot of the angry fans (like myself) down a bit and stop spending our cap on mediocre depth.

When traded, this organization has lost our "Michael Irvin". The Cowboys were never this stupid, had clear vision of their goal to win Superbowl(s), and knew how to manage their personnel and local media.

Paul Kuharsky- congratulations, you win.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

D rank with p-thug 32nd, D rank without p-thug 5th, you do the math if your able.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I can reciet just as many, if not more, instances where p-thug over played and got himself and or a teammate out of position of was just plain too damn short and the pass was completed over his short butt.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I totally disagree.

If a guy says he must sell something, are you more or less inclined to make a high offer?

Fisher tipped his hand big time with that comment when his position had been to not even discuss the guy for the entire 2007 season. Remember? "We've moved on." Why not keep the same approach here?

I'd be shocked if anyone offers more than a six and a scrub.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm praying that this is all part of some genius masterplan from Fisher. Right when it looks like Pacman will be traded, he will turn his back on the trade offer and tell Pacman that he's not going anywhere so he can choose to shut the hell up, stop partying and play for the Titans or rot on the inactive list for the rest of his career.

Chances that my prayers will come true: <1%

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again people, try to follow me here - Because the defense as a whole was better last season with Pacman not playing, DOES NOT mean it wouldn't have been much better WITH him on the field.
    That's the silliest nonsense I've ever read. "Yeah man! Our defense was better without pacman! So we don't need him!! I mean, who cares if the weakest spot on defense was the spot pacman used to shut down!! we were statistically better!!!"

lol @ instances of pac playing out of position. I guess that's why he only allowed 6 receptions playing the best receivers in the league. (some twice)
    Just wait. Maybe you clowns can vote for him when he's on the Pro-Bowl ballots next year. And just maybe if Haynesworth decides to lay down and be the typical Albert we know, you'll see that the defense wasn't better because of anything other than Al wanting a paycheck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar