Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

I agree with you that we lose one great talent, but right now we have the number 10 pick of the '05 class on our roster and are telling him to watch his weight or he will be cut.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ultimately Jones is responsible for this whole mess, but I think Fisher should be held up to a fair amount of scrutiny for his failure to reach Jones. Isn't that basically the most important aspect of a head coach's job these days; to juggle personalities and figure out the best way to motivate and teach all of these divergent types of individuals. Ultimately Fisher failed to really connect with Jones at any point, of that there can be little doubt. Again I realize Jones bears the brunt of the responsibility, but head coaches are paid big dollars to deal with types like Jones and develop these investments. I can't help but wonder if Adam Jones career would have unfolded similarly if Tony Dungy was head coach? I certainly don't think that Jones and Dungy would be bailing out on each other at this point.

At what point do we look beyond Reese and Reinfeldt for the failure of our draft picks and instead look at the coaching staff who is supposed to be developing them?

I'm frustrated and pissy.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And on that note, if you'll remember - Fisher was the one that said he could take Pacman under his wing and he wouldn't be any trouble.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm glad he will get a second chance. I'm glad it won't be with us. Pac Man was replaceable. We were even better without him. The negative outweighed the positive, and sometimes that happens. We have the most marketable player in the league and pac man was sucking the air out of that. From a business perspective, it makes sense. From a team perspective, it makes sense. From a production standpoint, it still makes sense, the guy missed a whole season. There is no downside to this. Make it happen. It's a win win for everyone.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We were better without him? Our field position/special teams was much worse. And Nick Harper was worse.
    please explain where either position he played was 'better', or is this just some trendy saying people are starting to say without actually having any sort of proof behind it?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what is your "proof" to the contrary ?

7. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

this guy is an amazing football player, and i cant honestly see him screwing up again. im not understanding why we are letting him walk. but last night i did see something on espn, where some former LB was making a good *** point, he said why should pacman even get another shot. It proves nothing. He was involved in the provoking of a shooting, that left 1 person paralyzed, and many injured. This proves to kids that people are forgiven way to easily....now i agree to an extent, the only reason i disagree is bcz pac is a titan. lol we need him, but this guy is right, why should he deserve the chance to come back and play, when the guy who is paralyzed cant do anything for the rest of his life.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i am usually a big jeff fisher supporter and agree with most of his decisions but this whole pacman jones issue has me question jeff fisher and the titans organazation big time. i do belive that jeff fisher and the titans have moved on and have already made a decision to trade pacman.its been a couple of days now and ive had the chance to really give this trade some thought and i still havent changed my mind... this trade makes no sense for the titans whats so ever( at least the 2 or 3 deals ive heard about so far).think about it we are thinking about trading the 6 player taken in the 1st round of the 2005 draft for a 4th or 5th round pick in the 2008 draft wow doesnt it sound like we are trying to get rid of ryan leaf or tim couch??? bottom line if we trade pacman and just get scrub players and late round draft picks i will loose respect for fisher and company

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

what if back in the early 90's the cowboys would have traded michael irvan away for a 5th round pick and some scrub player just because he had some brushes with the law???? the cowboys would be short at least 2 superbowl rings thats what would have happened...when irvan had his 3rd brush with the law in a cowboys uniform do you think jerry jones was getting pressure from the media about michael straighting out or shipping off??? absolutley he did!!! but jerry jones is a very smart business man and wants to win championships and laughed at all the haters kept irvan and they went on to being the team of the 90's... point being jerry jones would never think about getting rid of one of his best players because of off field reasons why??? because getting rid of a talented playmaking top draft pick would be absolutley retarded and would make no business sense whats so ever also he wants to WIN AT ANY COST... why arent the titans thinking the same way???

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

ChrisHenry is that you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar