Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Once again, everyone assumes he will be great if he gets back on the field.

The guy has no discipline whatsoever and he hasn't been on a football field in a year. Why should anyone assume that he's even in shape, let alone an elite CB?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We've debated the trade value point ad nauseum already. But you really can't deny that once re-instated his value will significantly increase. Other teams most likely will be drawn in and increase his value over a 4th rounder.

My last post is really about what Jerry Jones is doing with the media.

3. Riverman

He will be great on the field again barring injury.

He actually has a lot of football discipline in regards to fitness and preparation. Self-control and insight into his destructive behaviors is what he lacks.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't assume he'll stay out-of-trouble long enough to increase his trade value.

5. Riverman

As much as I would love for us to keep Pac, he just never could turn the market here. ANYTHING negative that happens with the team would be played as a "Pac distraction" by the local media. He could live saint like behavior and the market would never cool off and/or warm up toward him. Honestly, there is nothing he can do at this point to make it a winning proposition to keep him.

He won't ever be on the field as a Titan again. We should just being willing to hold him until we maximize his trade value which will occur just prior to draft day.

6. Riverman

Allegations or arrest?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One hurts his trade value. The other ends his career.

8. Riverman

Honestly, you think it will happen BEFORE he is re-instated?

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i understand where you are coming from but you are saying that while he is not on the field making plays for the titans and helping them win football games ... no matter whether pacman stays or goes his reception will be a little bumpy and cold the 1st couple of games but after he starts making plays and helps the titans or whoever win football games he will be forgiven quickly... bottom line is that winning forgives and forgets and as soon as pacman returns 2 punts for touchdowns and makes a couple of interceptions people will act like nothing ever happened and he will be excepted in any community and you will see tons of pacman jerseys in the stands thats why we need to whether the storm and keep him because come october he will be helping the titans win and will be loved by the community again

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The guy can ball hard. That's the bottom line. I KNOW that he's had off the field issues, and I know he might not be in shape...But I think we should give the guy a chance. He hasn't gotten in trouble since he's been suspended. (besides that BS about him slapping a girl, she dropped the charges). All i'm saying is that I'm willing to give the guy a chance. He screws up, he's gone. If we trade him for a fourth, we won't be better off at all. All I'm saying is that he's worth more than a fourth round draft pick. If traded him, no matter what it was for, I'd say we lost. We need him on the team. Harpers getting older and we need to save our draft picks for other positions...we don't need to waste it on another CB. Pacman and Harper/Finnegan would be amazing. There's no doubting that. I'm just willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and I want him here in Tennessee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar