Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans coach Jeff Fisher made comments today which indicates his team is finished with Pacman Jones and acknowledged trade opportunities were in the works. "We’ve given them permission to look for a new home and whatever happens after that happens," Fisher said. "He’s entitled to his opinion. I know he has enjoyed the time that he has spent here on the football field. But because of his choices and such off the field, he’s created a situation where he’s going to have to look elsewhere." A trade or any move concerning Jones would have to be signed off on by Commissioner Roger Goodell, Fisher said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

"Asked then if that meant the Titans are officially finished with Jones, Fisher said no."

I think the ink has been dry a long time despite what Fisher has said.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I disagree. No trade as been made, and if so, we are officially the dumbest organization in the league. Pacman Jones is a baller and if we let him go, we lose our 05 first round draft pick and a hell of a football player. We'll get to see him shine elsewhere...that will be fun! (sarcasm)

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

for about 4 games, then he'll get banned

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Yeah, but what if he DOESN'T get banned? What then? (refer to my first post)

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For the record, this was about as stupid a comment as I've ever heard from Fisher. It doesn't do anything to help trade value when the head coach says something like this.

He backed off but it's clear to me he wants him gone.

7. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

^ Actually, Fisher seemed to create an aura meant to cripple his chances of ever playing again.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The GM's of other teams aren't stupid. Blind Freddy knows the Titans are done with Pacman. This does nothing either way for his trade value.

The media wouldn't have been able to control their laughter if Fisher had said something like.

"After speaking with Pacman and listening to his interviews, we are entirely convinced that Pacman is a reformed kid and we are ready to welcome him back to the Titans with open arms. We have no intention of trading him and look forward to him contributing to our team for the next 3 years."

Right now, the best thing on our side is time. The closer this gets to the draft, the more urgency on the Cowboys to get the deal done.

On draft day, they don't want to be outbid for Pacman's services by a team that misses out on a CB they had their eye on in the 2nd round and suddenly decides to trade their #3 for Pacman.

The prospect of other bidders joining the fray may be enough to keep a market going.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I agree with TJ here.

All the GMs have to do in negotiation is say "hey your coach does not even want the guy take our 6th and be done with him. Don't believe me?" *pulls out this article*

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's funny how each person's perspectives are different.

I actually really liked Fisher making this statement and it helped regain some of the respect I've lost for Fish. I guess I just take it as, pac screwed our team and the coach is saying we are done with him. I do see how that hurts the trade value.

On the flip side, I lost a great deal of respect for the way Fisher handled Volek. Another situation where potential trade value was diminished based on Fish's comments. I thought it was a bad way, and unwarranted, for Fisher to act like that towards a former player that had never caused problems up to that point. Others (not sure if you are totally in this boat TJ) were glad that this was said and that Volek was off the team for whatever we received.

It's interesting to see the conflicting perspectives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar