Fisher on the Hot Seat???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's true to a point. Did you see the last few games of the season? It seemed like no one was trying. That's the coach's job. If he can't make a team play for him, even if they aren't going to make the playoffs, then he may not be one of the very best coaches in the league. I think that he is, but if this season ends like the last one I'll lose quite a bit of my faith. How long would you follow Fisher?

2. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

Ok, if not Fisher, then who? Who out there is better that could be available next year?

/yoda

Two off years do not a bad coach make.

/yoda off

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Why would there be a hot seat. He's got no team. The Pro Bowlers are all gone. He's had success. And now the team is in transition with two studs ready to go on the sideline. He's got nothing to lose. I don't see him being held accountable for anything until he is asked to open up the offense for Vince Young. Then he will be held accountable. But you are still looking at about 4 years before we get to that point. He's in perfect position to hang on here for quite some time. He's proven that he can open up the offense and succeed to. So he's bought himself quite a bit of time in my opinion. The only thig that could bring him down is someone like a Jimmy Johnson. Someone who has even more credentials.

4. GoTitans3801

Last season we went 4-12 against one of the easiest schedules in the league. You don't blame any of that on the coaching? I don't think we could've broken even, but that team could have gone 6-10 easily with a little more additude and a little more discipline. We broke down. That shouldn't entirely be on the players. I'll give him a pass, but he needs to start showing progress.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Now that we're out of cap hell, Fisher (and Reese) have taken steps to clean up the locker room. Our FA acquistions and releases and moving the training camp to a new location should further help instill a "Fisher-like" attitude. There was little Fisher could do over the past 2 years to weed out the bad personnel because we didn't have adequate replacements.

I'll eat my keyboard if we see poor effort out of the team this year.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The only reason the fans have hope is because we finished 4-12. And Hope is what sustains a coaching job more than anything else. You can be 12-4, every year, and if you have no hope of going any further, coach will be fired. The oilers have proven that time and again. Ironically Fisher probably saved his job by finishing 4-12. He got White and Young. Hope. That will buy him quite a bit of time. There is no doubt a coach can be fired if his team quits on him, but in Fisher's case, all he has to do is say that because of this "Young" will start next game. That buys him another 4 years in my opinion.

7. GoTitans3801

Riverman, I agree and that's what I'm hoping for, but if we don't see more additude and effort this year, wouldn't you question fisher? That's all I'm saying, is that I would.

Phi, you have far more patience than I do. We've had two bad years, I won't give a coach 4 more. Not any coach, if they have bad results 6 years in a row, that's insane. If you mean 6 years to get to the superbowl, of course, there's no time limit there, if the team makes progress, that's fine. The point is that we need to see some kind of significant progress this season. We need to see what the coaching is doing with the talent that we have. If you think the fan base will support fisher for four more years without success, you're wrong.

8. H Man

H Man Guest

I agree that Hodge is a clown - almost sounds like one of used car advertisement voices - I expect to hear an echo when he speaks!!:)) And yea, '04 was the most injury riddled year I can remember. A couple of those games, we couldn't field a full squad!! And don't remind me about that crap we saw last year...that was HORRIBLE! I still get grief from the guys around here about PacMan's prowess in the tackling game...pffftt!

Although Jeff, I think Reese has done a farily good job in the draft. Since 2001, well over half were or are either starters, Special Teamers, or saw significant time as backups. Many have moved on to successful stints with other teams too.

Link

9. H Man

H Man Guest

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Cut Fisher? There are alot of teams out there that are hoping that happens. The teams that have to play against HIS team, and teams that need a good coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar