Fisher on the Hot Seat???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

According to Merril Hoge on ESPN's "NFL Live", Jeff Fisher is on the big hot seat this season. He credits Floyd Reese's inability to evaluate talent as a big part of the reason that the Titans have struggled and basically suggest that Fish is gone after this year.

Personally, I think Hoge is full of it. ESPN hardly pays attention to the Titans and I don't think they have a very good handle on day to day operations here. To me, his statements don't hold much water? Any thoughts?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

bringing in Norm set the offense back a bit (new OC's usually do that)
    keeping Schwartz is retarding the defense
    letting Floyd make certain picks is like Russian Roulette

I think Vince and LenDale actually give Jeff another year of "wait and see"

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think Fisher is going to take a more hands-on approach this year. Hinse, the Titans going to Clarksville for training camp. I think he'll over see more of the D this year. Not to mention, we're more talented than we've been in a while so I'd think we'll have to improve. If this team is as methodically boring as last years team, he's in deep poopy!

4. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

Merrill Hodge is a joke and so is Jim Miller on Sirius. All i've heard from those guys is Vince is allready a bust.... He will be good in about four years.. blah blah.... and Fisher is gone after this year. That is total uninformed bs speculation from two former Steelers. I actually heard Jim Miller say that we would be below the Texans in the division and David Carr was going to put up big numbers, we'll see.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, according to meril hodge, vince young and matt leinart shouldnt have been picked in the first two rounds

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

All small market teams get the Dangerfield treatment this time of year. It is all about how great the Iggles/Giants/Patties/Fish/Boyz/squeelers/Packers/Raiderz/9ers are gonna be.

Small market teams have to prove it on the field before they get any respect from the media - the dolts - and even then they will cut them to chum as soon as things start going down.

Just the way it is.

A power outage in NY,NY is a national story, not because it warrents it but because the national media is HQed in NY,NY so it MUST be a national story.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hodge is a clown but Fisher better be on the hot seat after the last two seasons. Blame injuries for '04 and the cap purge in '05 but there was no excuse for some of the stuff we saw last season.

I think Reese is as much on the hot seat as Fisher. Though you can never predict injuries, you can go back to '01 and see a long list of players who didn't pan out. If the '04 draft class shows something more this season, opinions will change fast.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Please. Schwartz is the only one on the hot seat this year. If he can't put together a run stopping defense with this crew, he ain't fit to coach Pop Warner ball.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, we've said schwartz should be on the hot seat for what, three seasons now? It's never seemed to put any pressure on him...

It's sad how little ESPN can follow the smaller market teams. I think this team has built a lot of faith pretty quickly in Fisher and Reese, and that's why they both got a pass for two seasons. I think this is a season where we have to see improvement or one of them is gone. I also think Fisher is aware that things are going to require more from him this season, and I expect to see a more disciplined team. I think they'll both be on the way out, or should, if we don't see any leaps from drafted players, and we don't see the team coming together and playing hard in the last 4 games.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Is there any argument that Fisher is one of the very best coaches in the league?

If you argee with that, then no matter what the record of the last two (or next year, three) seasons, it would be foolish to give another team (with more talent or maturity) the weapon of a great coach.

Blaming Fisher is like blaming any figurhead when things go wrong.
    There is alway somone asking "who is responsible for this" rather than asking "what will make things better."

Hacks play the blame game, professionals don't.

But, maybe Bud Adams is a hack, I don't really know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar