Fisher Maintains Faith in Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

Fisher's way is conservative

Before the pass to Justin Gage to set up the field goal, the prior two passes were incomplete due to Vince reading the wrong routes, or the receivers running wrong or sloppy routes. When a team can't get the run game going, and the passing game is that far out of sync, what else is a conservative, ball control, player of the percentages, coach going to do? Everyone seems to be surprised that Fisher didn't let Young go for the endzone. What in his past would make anyone think that he would take unnecessary risks? He was trying to put points on the board to set up a positive trend in a wholly negative game. This, as opposed to the Jags dominant defense getting a turnover right before the end of the half. Yeah, Fisher-ball is conservative and let's face it sometimes boring and infuriating. But, we know this is his style. He plays the percentages. And, most of the time comes out on the winning side. Vince, despite all of the green mistakes, shows flashes of the player I think he will become. In the meantime, we have to endure his sometimes painful growing process. In this way, he is a microcosm of the whole relatively young team.... talented but a little green. Please keep these points in mind as you speak yours.:yes:

2. DJB

DJB Starter

My point was after a season and a half Peyton Manning wasn't the great QB he was 4 seasons later.

The funny thing about the whole "12 second" debate is the Titans were in position to at least tie the game in the second half. The team just didn't execute and do its job. But people are hung up on Fisher getting points on the board before the half. If they would have thrown in the endzone with 12 seconds left and it was intercepted everyone would be complaining what a bonehead move Fisher made

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i would like to take this oppurtunity to say i have never seen a team with less class than the new england patriots.. even more than the ravens or the raiders which is pretty hard to do.. i never thought i would hate a team more than the ravens.. when we faced the patriots on newyears day last year i have never seen a team play more dirty , take cheap shots, and just totally show what a low life franchise they are and they kept proving me right ever since then.. just because they win doesnt mean they have class.. for instance the colts i dont like the colts for obvious reasons but i respect peyton , dungy, and the whole team they win with dignity and class.. my favorite teams are the titans and anyone who plays the patriots or the ravens.. sorry just wanted to see if anyone else hates them as much as i do

sincerly
    tom gaydy

4. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

wtf...are you lost ?....I was reading interesting points about the "12 second" debate and then BAM !...I hate the Patriots....they are really really bad bad boys and I am so ****ing jealous of them I have to pretend to hate them so I don't cry about my team never winning the SB.....But really....why did you take the opportunity now ?

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Wrong topic, wycheck?
    It's weird, nowadays I've expected at least one pick from Vince per game atop an overall mediocre day. When did that happen?
    I have faith in Vince Young's future. He's a dynamic player with the physical tools to go far. I just don't have a lot of faith in Vince right now. It's easy for me to be patient though, since he isn't really costing us games. Just not winning them for us anymore.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So was the 'no body can't teach me nothing comment' he made. While we are on the whole things being over blown issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar