Fisher Maintains Faith in Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher said it was his defense which caused him to go for the FG with :12 left in the first half down 14-0 and with two timeouts instead of taking a shot to the endzone. "You don't want to go in (to halftime) with a negative play," Fisher said. "Points are a positive for us. That is my decision." Young wondered aloud if "the guys don't trust me" after the Titans wound up 28-13 losers to the Jaguars. "I think everybody is a little frustrated at this point after a loss. I characterize that as just frustration after a loss," Fisher said. "We threw the ball 41 times, and that should imply that we trust what he is doing."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

24/41 passing,
    257 yards, 2 INT,
    1 TD, 64.8 RT

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Looks like we're not the only ones doubting vy. It's in the locker room now! And that's from guys who know all the behind the scenes mistakes and mis steps that young is making that aren't noticeable to the rest of us.

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

How do you get that it's "from the guys who know all behind the scenes..."
    infered from that article?

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I wish Collins was as mobile as Vince cause, the guy is a true pocket passer and he has a cannon too! Sad to say but he is also a tackling dummy behind the center 95 percent of the time..

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

now ask yourself how much of that yardage was while the Jags were in prevent.

I have never had any faith in Young throwing the ball (said that from the day the Titans drafted him). He is a runner and that is what he needs to do. If the Titans need to spread the field so he can run, then do it.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would have gone for the TD. I really did not understand that decision either. Vince has always made the play when it counted most. I wonder if the Titans have a play they can go to in those situations. They may not have a play they are comfortable with anymore, which makes no sense whatsoever if true. With McNair, they would just call the qb draw every time and live with it. With Vince, just run a receiver throug the back of the endzone and run your tight end past the goaline. Simple stuff. We even have a rollout we've had success on with a passing TD in New Orleans. I thought it was weak not to go for the score down 14.

8. DJB

DJB Starter

If people are expecting Vince Young to be Peyton Manning after a season and a half they need to stop holding their breath. Even Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning after that period of time. A young QB struggling in the NFL isn't a surprise...it's to be expected. He will work it out. I would be worried about VY if it looked like he physically didn't have what it takes to be a good NFL QB but his problems have been things that can only get better with more experience.....timing....communication with WRs.....knowing when its better to just throw out of bounds. He made some impressive throws Sunday that many NFL QBs would have trouble making. The TD to Gage comes to mind. He has a rare combination of physical gifts and is only going to get better and better as the season goes on. I think his biggest problem right now is he is pressing

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the 12 second thing and Fisher not having confidence in Young is being over blown. Heck, Fisher could have had Manning or Brady as his QB and he might do the same thing. Fisher is a dunce sometimes and it isn't the first time he messed up late in a half.

The bottom line is the wrost thing that could have happened is we take the timeout and Young throws a pick. More than likely Young throws an incomplete pass or a pass short of the endzone we call timeout and kick the FG anyway. At least make it an easier FG. BIG DEAL if we lose out on 3 lousy points.

Also, saying it was his defense that caused him to make the decision just makes him look more like a moron. We were missing AH, we had not done anything to stop the Jags up to that point and we had not done anything on the ground ourselves. Also he makes a big deal about going into half time with a positive. Well, laying down and kicking a FG IS A NEGATIVE thing. Basically you are saying we give up, we suck, our QB is stupid. Fisher probably really thought in his wussy mind Bironas would kick 4 more FGs and our defense would shut them out and we could win the game 15 to 14. That is the kind of mentality we are dealing with.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All Manning did his second year was pass for over 4000 yards, 26 TDs to only 15 ints. Not a good example.

Still the point really is in that situation you let your QB have the ball. You don't play scared. If Young was our 3rd QB who had to go in because of injuries it might be different but this guy is making 10 mil per year and is our franchise QB. You have to have some nuts and play like a man. I'm sure the Jags were more than happy to go into the lockeroom winning 14-3. Not saying we score a TD there but you have to make the effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar