Fisher loses coach of the year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jeff Fisher recieved only 1 vote. Payton won.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Hard to argue with Payton as the choice.

Had I been given a vote, I'd have gone
    #1 - Mangini
    #2 - Payton
    #3 - Fisher
    #4 - (tie) Schottenheimer / Billick(ugh!)

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think the coach of the year is someone who improves his team. Payton has talent so does Billick and Schottenheimer. So I think it should've been Fisher.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Most people are giving Vince the credit for our turn around, so it's understandable Fish didn't win it. To me Fisher and Payton should've been up there at 1 and 2. Mangini took over a team who underperformed, they had the talent to be play-off contenders. Had the Titans made it into the play-offs I think Fish would've gotten it.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fisher would have been a more reasonable choice if we'd made the playoffs, but I still think he should be behind Payton and Mangini. Those guys have made HUGE differences in their teams that no one expected. You can say the same for us, but I think that was the players as much as the coaching. Also toss in that the other two are rookie coaches, shows their ability that much more.

6. Lone Star

Lone Star Starter

I agree with Payton winning the award, but nobody did more with less than Fisher.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You think the jets have more talent than we do? Really?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

More with less bullcrap!

Fisher did more with less? We had 8-8 talent and went 8-8. There are many good players on this team and fisher has one of them especially to thank for our turnaround, vince young. To say this team has no talent is ignorant. Jeff fisher didn't coach vince young to make those long runs talent did it and fisher didn't coach pacman to lead the league in punt returns pacman's talent did that.

The posts here seem to suggest that either we are the most talentless team in the league or that we accomplished something more than a 500 record. We are not in the playoffs, stop kissing fisher's butt over a damn 8-8 team!

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Strongly disagree. If you go back and look at all the preseason predictions by all the major analysts, you'll see the Jets were picked to be one of the worst teams in the league, and with good reason. They had a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. Mangini did a great job making the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How to be coach of the year..

Coach a team to a pathetic no heart 4-12 season so that the fans are so depressed about their team that they think 8-8 deserves a coach of the year award. Bravo coach fisher you actually pulled it off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar