Fisher Interview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Came across this on NFL.com. The interview was mainly about the Super Bowl matchup, but there were some questions about the Titans.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/731

Some of the questions that related to the Titans/Fisher's coaching:

Do you think Chris Johnson will have the same production next year, or will defenses figure out how to stop him?

Jeff Fisher, Tennessee Titans
    Chris finished this record setting season healthy and is looking forward to next year. If we stay healthy on offense, then my hope is he'll have a chance to be special for the next few years.

With Vince Young playing outstanding down the strech winning 8 of 10 games.Will he be the starter in 2010.Also what up and coming game our you most looking forward too.Keep up the outstanding work pushing the Titan's forward.

Yes Vince will be returning as our starter. I'm looking forward to him having a great offseason. The next game I'm looking most forward to will be our opener this September against...stay tuned.

Hey coach Fisher, I was wondering where your point of emphasis will be with the Titans this offseason? Will you be going after defensive players in free agency and the draft?

We have a lot of young players on the roster that will be developed this offseason. I'm very optimistic about the weapons on offense and the depth so I think it's fair to assume that our focus is going to be on upgrading the defense and finding a returner.

Will the Saints be able to get the necessary pressure on Manning to force turnovers?

The saints have to be careful and very selective as far as pressur is concerned. Peyton is the best in the business at pre snap reads and he can hurt you down field if he's able to sort things out prior to the snap. It's difficult to get to him with more tha just four rushers. the best way to pressure him is with four, therefore he thinks he's protected.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^:barf:

I really am tired of Fisherspeak.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's hilarious, I swear I literally gagged a little as I read that. No lie. This guy is the most smug guy, even in a chat session.

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Jeff Fisher for '10!!!!

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i'm holding you to that Fisher!

6. madison

madison Camp Fodder

Upgrading the defense, I take it their not resigning Bulluck to at least a one year deal?!?! Isn't Fisher in the last 2 years of his contract? I hope good choices are made I'm ready for another run at the super bowl this time we win.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Unless you're sitting next to Fisher in his living room, you can't take anything he says to the bank. He's not a liar, but he does not give a crap about anyone that doesn't have to be involved. He keeps everything hush hush until it has to come out. It's good for the organization and their personnel, bad for us fans anxious to know something.

8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

It may be irrational....

But I read this sentence several times and for some reason the blatant jack-arsideness of his responses finally hit me; causing me to want to take a rusty pipe to my forehead and end the pain.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, I know- right?

"Stay tuned... we're gonna dominate! none of that 0-6 stuff this year!"

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What next game are you most excited for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar