Fisher Impressed with Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Dude, Arizona had one winning season (9-7) out of six with Jake Plummer at QB, and Aaron Brooks sucks.

2. Oh... I thought that title belonged to Billy Joe Tolliver... :ha:

3. He's no Bobby Hebert...

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Great point. Well put. Roll Tide said yesterday, as I said before, that it is worth it to have not the one who will be ready soonest, but the one who will be better for longer when he is ready. It's negligible to want a QB you may or may not be successful with sooner but who will hit a ceiling faster than the guy who by all estimations will take only a year longer to develop, but possibly be better for longer.

In the end, whatever the team does I'm fine with -- they know better than we -- we hope -- but we should be thinking about the long term and not the short. In the end, I know Reese and Fisher will put the team first and do what is in the Titans' best overall interest.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The point is, Vince Young is known for his playmaking, not his stellar QB play. How many times will we all cringe when we see him leave the pocket and try to run over a linebacker only to have him not get up and get himself a Sternum injury??? In my opinion, the only intangibles Vince Young brings to the table that the other QBs don't is the fact he makes almost all of his plays with his legs and running out of the pocket. We are making too much of an investment in our future to put it all on the legs of a QB who isn't afraid to run ALL THE TIME, I would rather have a consistent QB who isn't likely to be totally changed if he was was hit with a serious injury....such as Carson Palmer, his game won't change much after the Knee surgery, but a guy like McNair will never be the same because he tried to take on a DT and got his chest knocked out. Imagine if Vince tore up a knee, then he's a pocket passer and can't rely on his legs for security, but Jay or Matt will have the passing game down moreso than someone inclinced to run.

6. bromike

bromike Guest

I guess like joey harrington or ryan leaf or some of the other so called pocket passers that didn't amount to anything. Everybody's hoping for the next Marino or Peyton manning but those are far and in between. People said the same thing about Warren Moon when he led the huskie to an rose bowl victory and because of the nay sayers he wasted five years in canada and still put up numbers with his arm. Young had an incredible passing season and his completion percentage was at the top of the league. Because he is not one dimensional people want to penalize him that is so crazy. How many pocket passers that came in the league with steve and was drafted the same year are starting for the same team? What is considered quarterbacking play? Leading your team is not quarterbacking play or is the forward pass only considered quarterbacking play and the last time I checked Vince young had 28 touchdown passes and do you know how many he had rushing. I am sure it's not 28. That sounds to me like he is making more plays with his arms than legs. I think he also had about 1000 yards rushing to about 3000 yards passing. The arm wins again. Because he can do both well don't hate Jwill1919

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Seriously. If he ran ALL THE TIME like you say, there would be significantly less passing yardage. What you should say is HE MAKES PLAYS ALL THE TIME. That's accurate.

My only concern with Young is he's poorly led by those close to him. They're screwing it up, IMO, and that's the one thing about him I can at least acquiesce at this point...if you're not grown up enough to hire grownups who can handle the business, you just might not deserve as big a share of it as your talent suggests, meaning we pass on him for his immaturity. This will be the reason he falls. He doesn't want to come out of his shell, from what I can see.

8. kastofsna

kastofsna Guest

Because he didn't play their offense, he played their very weak defense.

Also because he ran a simplified open offense, runs too often when the pressure is on him (as in defensive pressure), has bad throwing mechanics and even worse footwork, doesn't have a great arm, not that accurate....but that's just my opinion. :winker:

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

all of these are qualities of a REAL QB. Don't compare Warren Moon to this guy, Warren was one of the greatest passers of all-time, Vince Young is the next Michael Vick, don't forget that they're two totally different types of players. Who would you rather have at the start of their careers?? Warren Moon or Mike Vick?? even Warren Moon or McNair?? pure Qb or someone you might be able to change and turn into a good/better than average athletic QB? Randall Cunningham or Warren Moon?

10. smili

smili Starter

Question: Were the Titans making any public comments on Pac Man Jones this time last year? The only thing I remember was something that Reese said saying with the big recievers in the league you have to think twice about covering them with small corners - not that he wouldn't take a small corner but it was a big consideration. I don't remember much of anything about the character issue though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar