Fisher hurts VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Don't agree with you. I think VY is not in the top tier yet with likes of Manning for sure but he is in the 2nd Tier and I like him with the game on the line and not much time left so he has intangibles. He is improving too.

Fisher has always lost games we should have won because he keeps the other team in the game and it just takes one fluke play like the interference call to lose. How many times did we dominate the Ravens and still somehow lose?

Our defense looks great but the play calling on offense was mostly predictable. He obviously doesn't trust his QB but then again, he used to do the same thing with McNair.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

dahobbs - Yes, Young once again looked good against a middle of the pack team. But that's the thing he always does. That is what average quarterbacks do. I have nothing against Young. He normally wins the games that he is suppose to. The problem is he never rises to the occasion against the 'Upper Tier' of the NFL.

kdizzle - Young is not McNair. Yes McNair had his issues in his first five seasons but quitting on his team was never one of team. McNair was a blue chip worker in an era where the upper echelon of QB's were beginning to be treated like royalty. When McNair was injured he pulled himself off the turf in order to lead his team to victory. He did not sit on the side line asking to be taken out of the game due to a 'tightness' in his quad

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I have no doubt in my mind that vince would have at least gotten us a field goal and pretty sure he would have gotten us a td if we didnt just play for overtime after we got in fg range!!!

4. petergriffin16

petergriffin16 Starter

What I find amusing about all the Vince hate and the lack of faith, is that he's #11 in passer rating right now with 94.3. He's played The Steelers' Giants and Denver Secondaries which are all respectable. The steelers are the only team to intercept him, one of which is arguably the best safety to ever play in the NFL. He has 7.2 yards per completion rated 13 in the league and 66.2% completion rating (tied with Schaub and seconded to Brady). It would probably be higher with more spread oriented passing packages. Kenny Britt is clearly in sync with VY. He needs to start with Nate and Hawkins in the slot. Hawkins proved to be a playmaker in the preseason. Gage really isn't that consistent.

He was ripping the Broncos a new hole through the air in this game, and they were clearly queuing in on the run. CJ will not get 2006 yards against 8 man fronts that have been preparing for him with another year on the tape. He needs to split carries with JRinger and they need packages with them both on the field.

TL;DR
    Vince has been dared to throw to win and has been successful in 75% of games so far. He can get the job done through the air, he proved it last season and he's proved it against a 3-4 defense today. I bet he'll prove it again in Dallas and we'll give the game away again with our amazing I Right playbook.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bull f***in' s***. Jeff Fisher had every damn thing to do with it. Mariani got caught off guard with a tricky bounce on that kick. That muff was bad but I won't let it take away that TD return. It's not Mariani's fault we lost this one. We should have blown Denver away.

It couldn't be made any more clear that our offensive shortcomings are directly attributed to the coaches. You can argue execution all day but our coaches are holding all of the players back with these cheap dime store play calls.

Fisher walks like a duck, talks like a duck. I'm starting to think he's a MF-ing duck.

6. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Yeah, I guess he didn't beat a play off bound Giants team in '06, or that team in Indy that won the superbowl that year, I certainly don't remember him beating an Arizona team that made it to the second round of the play offs last year.

Too made that "middle of the pack" QB doesn't have one of the best winning percentages in the league, isn't the 8th rated passer in the league this year, isn't the 9th rated in yards per attempt (over guys like Drew Brees), isn't currently 2nd in completion percentage. Yeah, if he had those stats he might be a little better than "middle of the pack". You might even say he is a top 10 quarterback. Of course he has only done that playing the 2nd and 4th rated passing defenses and the 2nd, 6th, and 10th rated defenses overall.

7. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

Vince isn't L33t yet...but he could be.

However, he won't get there with Fish.

Anyway, for the main point of this post:

Go look at the box score. Look at our receiving section. There should be about that many names there in every game. Vince can spread the ball around. Given that we don't have an #1 guy, there should be AT LEAST 6 receivers every game.

Our boy can pass, he just needs the chance.

FREE VINCE YOUNG!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not a top 5, possibly top 10 but Fisher has him handcuffed. It's McNair 2.0 pre-2001.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair from 98-2000 was the same guy as he was post 2000. Look at the numbers.

Mcnair could deliver first downs on 3rd and 6 consistently with his legs or his arm.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

So what your saying is that Vince beat the 2006 Giants (8-8 and I believe one and done in the playoffs), an the Cardinals w/o a future Hall of Fame QB. Those are two great wins there. I'll give you the Colts but come on you act like he has made a habit of it. I would though like to point out that the one good team he has played this year resulted in his worst game.

And by the way Young's comp%, YPA, TD/INT ratio, etc are affect of the amount of passes he has thrown. In three of his last four games he has thrown the ball only twenty times. Against the Broncos he threw 28 times and had only a 60% comp. rate, 6.2 YPA (not above Brees), and passed for under 200 yards. Well I feel just inspired by his performance so far.

And BTW his winning percentage IS built on teams he should beat. When he starts putting W up CONSISTENTLY the Steelers, Pats, Colts, or Ravens (or even starts play good against them) then it will be more of a ligament talking point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar