Fisher Holding Out Hope McNair Remains QB in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I love Mcnair. I think we would have a better season if we have him. But we need to move on and get someone else out there and save the trouble, and ultimately, the cap room.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

This is the way it seemed to me: 2003, McNair was great until the end when he got hurt. 2004, Mac was too hurt to do anything good... 2005, now Mac's back, but the weapons that he had in 2003 are not there anymore or simply not producing. Steve looked like a new quarterback physically last season. He lost a little weight and had recovered from his sternum operation alright. 2004, Steve couldn't take any hit and be alright. Last year, I saw him take some hard looking hits and still got up from it. I agree with everyone that says Mac is the best shot at winning this year for the Titans. However, I don't think that Mac wants to win for the Titans. He knows that he will be released or traded next year or the year after, because of #10. I am just hoping that this doesn't get stretched out to July. Even if Mac stays, July is too late to start feeling the rhythm of each other on offense. Look at Pacman for example, the preseason, week 1, and week 2 was his training camp. It showed and helped to lose some winable games. If McNair's back in 06, yay for the Titans. If he's not, we'll all finally see what a confident Volek can do. I think most of us could be surprised... :winker:

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If McNair could still win us games we would be better than 9-23 over the last 2 years. Not a knock on Steve, we were always playing from behind.

Defense is the best way improve our winning chances for next year. Bye bye Steve, Hello Law.

4. I think that we will have a better year if Mcnair stays with us, but he probably won't be back and I've accepted that

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think Volek can run the offense for 18-24 points/game.

My question mark is can the defense keep opponents <18 points/game.

6. We have to see what will happen with our D at the start of the season.

The Chargers game will be a test even without Brees

7. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

I am holding out hope that big mac comes back for this year for the best chance to compete that being said who is to say that we cant compete with collins or volek or god forbid Young (i hope they dont rush him unless he is ready.)

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Fisher says our best chance at winning this year is with McNair. I'll believe that until he says something different.

9. The thing is, can Volek spark a late comeback in a game, inspire the offense to score a TD with 6 seconds on the clock.

We need stabability on defense, we all know that Volek will be tossing 40 yard passes whenever he sees an oppurtunity!!!

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The way I see it the chances of Mac playing more than 50% of the games at 100% healthy, making all the practices and such is almost 0.

Mac's dominating 82 QB rating (73 in 2004) is not exactly worlds apart from Volek's 77 rating (87 in 2004) and if Mac took the hit in the Arizona game that Volek took he would be retired by now.

In short, I agree Mac gives us a slightly better chance at winning games than Volek but the difference is no where near what it will take to keep him and lose whatever FAs we could sign if he was let go. Mac is not a threat anymore to run the ball and as a pure drop back passer he is only average at best. Instead of paying Mac, especially beyond one year, I would rather bring in Collins, who threw for 3700 yards and 20 TDs last year if he was cheap enough.
    I would expect Volek could be a lot more effective in Chow's offense this year with a year under his belt and better WRs around him and it wouldn't bother me at all if we went with Volek and VY as our 1-2 QBs. Mac or not we are not going to go to the SB. Mac is simply not that good anymore and the FO knows it. Keeping Mac would not win us a bunch more games if any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar