Fisher Has To Go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Sometimes change is good for change sake.....

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Just caught a little of Frank Wycheck and whoever he is on air with in the morning show.

First caller was dogging Fisher and asked their opinions... the response was pretty much blame the WRs, they all suck... Fisher and Collins are AWESOME. Blah Blah Blah, change channel.

3. Alex1939

Again, I am a PSL owner, I know several PSL owners, I really can't say I know any that still love Fisher. People were chanting "fire Fisher" at the game yesterday. There was also some LOUD booing going on, and VY wasn't out there...

You really don't speak for the entire town of Nashville.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Fisher has had atleast a 3 game losing streak in each season since 2004

You may ask.. but what about the 2008 season? We lost the final two regular season games and the play off game so that equals 3.

Let's look at these losing streaks a bit closer:

The current one: 5 games
    2009: 6 game losing streak
    2008: 3 game losing streak (including playoffs)
    2007: 3 game losing streak
    2006: 5 game losing streak
    2005: 5 game losing streak and a 3 game losing streak
    2004: 3 game losing streak and a 5 game losing streak

In this era of "What have you done for me lately..." One of two things is apparent:

1) Bud Adams is willing to the go the grave with Fisher as coach
    2) Championships don't really matter to this organization

#2 is a very bold statement, but I'm standing by it. You know why? Look at an organization like the Jets. Championships matter to that organization because they have went out and brought in the right guys no matter the circumstances. 5th rounder for Santonio Holmes (Yet, we get stuck with something called a nate washington) They even rolled the dice on a new head coach and a QB who only played one year in college. Brought in LT. Oh, and the Jets have had plenty of quality head coaches in the past and they haven't been married to any of them the way this organization has married themselves to Fisher.

Look what the jets (or any other decent team) have done in the front office compared to the Titans. Who was our marquis acquisition this offseason year? Jason Babin? Please... Then we get the Randy Moss gift... What do we do with him?

I like the Texas Longhorns just as much as anyone around here but you can not repackage the Texas Longhorns All Star Squad and call them the Tennessee Titans and expect to win a Superbowl.

I'll end my Monday Morning QB rant but I just wanted to point out that this organization has given more than enough Leash to fisher and if they haven't canned him by now, I don't see him getting canned while Bud is still around. It seems like this organization is content with mediocrity unless they hit the lottery in the NFL draft.

Good thing is.. if this ship keeps sailing the way its going, we will get a high draft pick. Let's just not waste it on another VY or Pacman.

Bad thing is... Jeff Fisher will probably rally the troops, we will finish 9-7 thus setting us for a mid round draft pick instead of a high draft order and we will finish barely out of the play offs just like always and we will chalk it up to another season of what could have been. *sighs*

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL Alex. I'm listening to the Wakeup Zone right now. Frank, I love him, but he's probably the biggest blind Fisher lover out there. Still flat out refuses to lay any blame on Fish for anything. I think he might be Chapparal actually.

Mark Howard is nearly as bad. He just had the nerve to say that Fisher's .54 win percentage is "actually very VERY good! Not a lot of coaches reach that level." LMAO Is this guy serious? Wow.

Kevin Ingram said he fears that getting rid of Fisher would open up a revolving door of coaches. Like some fans, I suppose he's more content with constant mediocrity than taking any sort of risk that could actually improve the team. As long as we're not in 32nd place it could always be worse, right?

Geez, Fish would be getting GRILLED right now in a media market that had any balls whatsoever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

5+ game losing streaks in back-to-back seasons. Pathetic.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

On the bright side that's only happened twice in the last 7 seasons.

Oh. Maybe that's not so good. But Chapparal97 and Frank Wycheck told me it was AWESOME!

8. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

well after seeing that pattern...if fish was going to be fired it would have been years ago...hello to an 8-8 season in 2011

9. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

but he's been around a really long time and he's well respected around the league.... :brow:
    truth is i'd imagine any coach can " right the ship" if given enuff time, doesnt make him a good coach.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This illustrates just how out of touch Fisher has become. I've convinced myself that if you can win 4 straight, you're a contender. Clearly we are the exact opposite with Fisher running the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar