Fisher Has To Go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't listen to the radio or follow it anymore but it's most likely the same kind of things you read on here..fan disgust all around..I'm sure someone else will elaborate though.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yes he is part of the rush hour duo.

I typically only listen to the "three hour lunch break" which is the one with Blaine.

I'm not enough of an avid listener to the radio or the Jeff Fisher show to adequately comment. Hopefully someone else will.

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

They love him.
    We are a softcore media, and he's the only coach they've ever known.
    We have former Titan players that live here and do many of the radio shows. (Fisher has his own show.) They aren't going to publically turn on Fisher this easily.
    Callers may start to turn on him, but you have to keep in mind, this isn't a long standing NFL city you are talking about. People here haven't seen coaches come and go. They've only seen Jeff Fisher.

4. kwtitansfan

kwtitansfan Camp Fodder

All I know is, this quote from his press conference says it all: "(on Kerry Collins’ being off target)

"It’s a cold day; it’s hard to be real accurate, but I thought Kerry made some plays, made some throws, just a number of balls that weren’t caught."

Really? That's what we as fans get? It's a cold day? What about how awesome Rodgers is in Green Bay WISCONSIN? Tom Brady in NEW ENGLAND? Right, Jeff. Good call. You don't complete less than 50% of your passes because it's cold.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yep. Our local media is about as sissy as they come. You have those who will never even say the slightest negative thing about him. Then you have those who kinda dance around it. Maybe they drop a veiled criticism but then they immediately heap on some classic Fisher @$$-kissery. Everyone seems to be worried about getting on his bad side and losing precious access. There are really only a handful (if that) of local media members who truly call it like they see it. These tend to be radio guys as opposed to the print guys.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well technically he's not lying. Kerry did "make some plays" and "make some throws". Fish never said they were good plays and throws. :D

7. kwtitansfan

kwtitansfan Camp Fodder

True, true. He did make throws out there. Of course, my two year old made some plays and some throws in the living room today, too. :)

8. Alex1939

I high five DBC for actually admitting this. I high five you because I agree with your sentiment as well.

Seriously, one forum member doesn't need to start 30 threads a week about "VY Sucks" or "Fisher awesome". We get it. Contain it in a thread.

Still, if anyone should start a thread admitting fault, this is a great time. I did the same about VY.

Now DBC, just STOP STARTING THREADS.

9. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

id say basically they're all scared to death im and talkin neg of him om the radio gets up cut off and hunk up on... its very sad how much they suck up to fisher

10. Alex1939

Worth mentioning I heard quite a few "Fire Fisher" chants as I left the stadium during the 4th quarter today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar