Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 30, 2008.
I don't understand the meaning of the article. It's pointless, are the Titans supposed to fire Fish now?
Sal's right on the money. I've wondered what all the Fisher praise is based on. Not his winning percentage...
that whole article was lame...
that's funny, because i was listening to espn radio today and jeremy green had fisher as one of his underrated coaches in the league.
Hand it to ESPN they're always right.:sad2:
lol Tom Moore? The guy has the cushiest job in the world. Let Manning do it.
His awesomely exciting brand of football and it's awesome results! Oh wait..
Pittsburgh and Indianapolis... who's the third team??? The Patriots for being their perennial launchpad in the postseason???
Fisher gets his praise for several reasons, IMO
1. He does a lot with a little. Remember those years we went went 5-11 and 4-12. Or the years when half the roster was on IR and set an NFL record for starters missing games. Those teams were awful. What about last year. Our starting QB threw 18 INT to only 9 TD. Yet, with a FG kicker that's more dependable than than your mom's cookies when you got home from school, we managed a 10-6 record and squeaked into the playoffs.
2. Playing in 4 stadiums in 4 years (5 stadiums if you count AllTell in Jax) is hard on any team, yet he finished 8-8 3 of those years if I'm not mistaken.
3. Jeff Fisher was, between 1999 and 2003ish then winningest coach in the NFL. That included the Patriots first two Super Bowls, If I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I've this stat. It also includes are first seasons after the implosion.
4. I'll grant that Jeff isn't a Film Guru like Bill Belicheck. But on gameday, he is one of the best, if not the best coach in the NFL.
5. When he's not having to deal with post implosion syndrome, his teams are good.
6. Jeff coaches in the hardest division of the NFL. Three teams from the AFC south made the playoffs last year.
7.If there was a better coach in football available, don't you think the Ancient Bud would have fired Jeff. Ancient Bud wants to win a Super Bowl before he kicks the bucket.
The top coaches in the NFL right now
1. Bill Belicheck-he's won three Super Bowls, spygate aside
2. Tony Dungy-He's been successful in Indy and Tampa Bay
3. Jeff Fisher-consistently does a lot with a little
4. Jack Del Rio-Does good, as long as there is not an ax in the locker room
5. Tom Coughlin-Successful in Jax and NYG.
The top couple of coaches in the NFL
Separate names with a comma.