fisher fires back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I doubt we would have drafted Young if we had acquired Culpepper. I dont think you bring in a guy in the prime of his career, and then go out and draft someone to take his spot in a year or so. But, I not convinced Culpepper is really that good, so I am happy we got Young, because I think he will end up better than Culpepper.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would not call a guy who has been injured the last two season with knee problems that have noticeably slowed him down in the prime of his career. Plus he has had issues with protecting the ball and was saddled with Moss his entire career(iunflated stats). Mini Hands was not going to be our long term answer and I still think we draft Young as the future and let him mentor under Culp.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we offered them a 2nd round pick. that sounds like he was going to be our guy.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im not a big fan of Culpepper so I am not defending him and I am glad we went the route we did. But he is still a pretty young QB and if he stays healthy should be a decent QB for another 6-8 years. I cant see going that route, and then turning around and drafting another QB with the 3rd pick. But regardless, its a hypothetical and didnt happen so no point in really arguing over something neither one of us can prove.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Surely if the whole Volek/Fisher thing was going on, it would have been known to the players and if so, I doubt it would be used to settle the 'dissention' in the locker rooms as they would most likely know what has been going on.

I do find it funny some people here know more of the story with less information then some Titans personnel.

And I am glad we didn't get Culpepper.

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

The reason why we complain is because the Scrub is better than the starter. If KFC was decent we would all be like, whatever. Come on, BV would have atleast got a first down in the first half if not the first quarter.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher liked collins...

Volek did some irritating things but it is not enough to basically get fired in this day and age. I think fisher genuinely liked collins and especially liked the idea of collins QB-ing his team.

Had you asked fisher in may who he preferred collins or volek he would have truthfully answered collins. I think that played a big part in all of this.

Whether fisher liked collins simply because of his experience or really liked his game i think fisher saw him as an upgrade.

8. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Their lies the problem. He had a frickin QB rating of 1.5. Is that possible?

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

must be possible because it is the 10th lowest, hard to believe that 9 other QB's had a rating less...6 or 7 had 0.0 ratings :ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I remember one Browns QB was intercepted 6 ot 7 times in a game once.

That must have been a 0 rating.

Big Ben had a QB rating of 30 in the Superbowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar