fisher fires back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like fisher said, the day collins came in he said volek wanted out. collins didnt practice his first day he was at BSP.

http://titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=4003

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's so sad it was actually funny. Why did this happen to the Titans? If Volek had complained to Parcell's he would have told him to shutup and play some football, but Fisher decided to get hurt and punish Volek instead.

Not only do we play as bad as the Raiders, we run the entire team in the same incompetent way as they do.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Yep. We have a bunch of unhappy crappy prima-donna sissies afraid of a little competition, & that's one of the reasons we're 0-2. We won what, 4 games last year? :ha: It's not ALL Collins, jeez.

Collins sucks, but so does Brown. So does Sirmon. What have these guys done lately? What has Volek done lately? Brown can't even play more than one series without getting hurt, & Sirmon runs likea grandma ... I don't know what he's ever done to think that he's above anyone else. He sucks!

Nobody on that defense is worth a crap except KVB, Hope, & Thorton, & sometimes Bulluck.

& even though he's a *****, Pac can at least cover a dude. Too bad he's a hothead & has stupid braids.

The rest is pure crap.

We'll have money to spend starting next year, & you watch ... in two years, I bet most, if not all, of those present day starting defense scrubs will be elsewhere, or out of the league ... & the ones we keep will be used for depth. Starks & Odom & those guys. I have no beef with them.

I've never seen people cry over the trading of a SCRUB so much, in my entire life. You guys act like stupid Volek is the second coming of Unitas.

He sucked. Plus, he's a lair. He threw our team under the bus. :yes:

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't know what to say. I'm just going to start practicing for Sunday...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No we act like the organisation traded away our best quarterback and best option of winning games this year, which is exactly what they did.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

It doesn't matter. Volek being better than Collins is debatable at best. Half of the people here want Vince anyway. That was being talked about last Spring.

We suck. What does it matter? Volek is not the answer. Collins isn't either. We knew that. Volek obviously did SOMETHING! Fish doesn't do this. This is a first.

& he said Steve McNair knows about it ... & I don't think that he'd be dragging his good buddy Steve into this publicly, if it weren't true.

Let's lose every game, I say, & get that pick. Who cares? Look at the schedule.

Houston is maybe the only team we can beat.

I vote for 0-16. :ha:

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Billy Volek will never be a starting QB in the NFL.
    He doesn't have the attitude it takes.

8. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

we're better off getting it over with now so everyone can move forward,
    and to be honest I'm glad fisher blew up a bit and showed some fire, maybe it'll rub off...

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

From bigtitan53279:
    sirmon thought he was being outright replaced, volek was supposed to compete. volek had no interest in competing, he wanted it handed to him.

Brown's NEW agents started that and Brown came out and said he wanted to stay here. (If you hire a new agent with 2 years left on your contract....they get NOTHING until you sign a new contract.)

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Getting a couple preseason games under your belt then being demoted is not really a chance to show what you can do. Fisher said that there is a huge difference between started and backup filling in. Well I for one wanted to see how BV would have handled that role in a REAL game. BV gets blasted for poor reads or that was Fishers first comment, but threw for 64%. Hmmm, maybe not the read you would make Fish but it seem to be doing something to complete that many passes. Maybe the run game getting more then 2 yards a carry and our O-line putting us at 2nd and 18 again and again and again would help out QB out.

And he acts like this is over? Come on now Fisher! What do you think the media is doing right now? I can tell you, calling BV up playing the press conference to him and asking him about every specific thing he said. You call a guy a liar to the national press you are calling him out. I do not expect Volek to lower himself but I would not be surprised if he set all the cards on the table as to what he perceived actually happened. The players that like Volek like Bennett and I am sure there are others will not like him being treated like this. Especially after we basically told CB to sit down and shut up and locked McNair out of the stadium.

These moves will ripple through the locker room. If we have another bad outing which is pretty much guarantied this team will slip out of Fishers control. If Collins can not produce a TD I do not think all of the players will jump to support "the liars" replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar