fisher fires back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh please, that was all brandon jones. that pass was like five yards with a run of 45.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well if you still think Collins was brought in to compete then I can't help you, but trust me he wasn't. Don't you ever ask yourself, who in their right mind brings in competition 2 weeks before opener?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Oh, then I'm sure Jones also made a lot of TD's for Collins... no wait, he didn't, maybe because Collins didn't throw to the right places.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Excellent point Jeff, had completely forgot about Brown. And might I add, I'm gald you haven't bought Fisher's story completely ;)

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i do think collins was brought in for competition, but as soon as volek wanted out, thats when collins was handed the job. volek *****ed and complained his way out of the starting job.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Wow. Just.... wow.

I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How do you compete if your practice time is cut into a 1/4? How is there competition if the next day after the guy is signed he is announced the starter? Was the competition to see who could make it to that days practice the earliest because there was no on field competition at all. Fisher trying to play the good guy here after all of the historical FO issues with players really does not hold much weight in my book. If you cry wolf to often no one is going to listen.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I found an exclusive photo of the meeting with the unanimous coaching decision to trade Volek. Notice Fisher in the black .....

[​IMG]

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have NEVER seen Fisher compelled to "set the record straight". Usually, he makes his statement and moves on. I find it very interesting that he felt he needed to "protect this organization" and "protect this coaching staff".

I believe Bud or Underwood has had a serious "sit-down" with everybody involved and some ultimatums were laid down to Fish. I agree TJ, Fisher's story doesn't add up and for him to take a very uncharacteristic stand and approach indicates to me he had something very out of the ordinary happen to him.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Couldn't agree more BlazingArrow#9.

Man, I would so love to see Fisher on HardTalk (with Tim Sebastian of course, he could bring anyone to their knees).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar