Fisher Fined for Post-Game Comments

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I know, I'm just saying I don't see how the NFL is likely to do anything. You know they go out of their way to protect the officials from criticism.

Just look at Perieras' Call of the Week or whatever it's called, it's always questionable calls where he can defend the officials, never one where he says: "Well on this one the officials got it wrong because..."

Edit: The only exception I've ever seen was the Polamalu interception against Indy.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fisher bites his toungue a lot ins his press conferences. you'll hear say something like "well, let me put it this way, i didn't agree with the call." he is usually much more even keal than what he said sunday. that probaly have something to do with who the opponent was.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No I think it was solely because of how poor the call was. This call was beyond incompetence....

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think it's the opponent, it's the extremity of the error, and the effect it had. I'm glad he did it. I hate coaches complaining too much, but Fisher never does it.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think TitanJeff should just give him 10%.

The fine is a little much.

6. GoTitans3801

Maybe 15%, I mean, that was pretty direct. If fisher said anything about Woolfolk he would have gotten 15%.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Jeff usually just rounds mine up to 20% ;)

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Well the NO Fun League my prevent Coaches and players from saying negative comments on league officials. That does not mean we cant thats was a bogus call in every since of the word people who know nothing about the game saw that it was a fumble and it had a impact on the game theres no doubt about that. It gave away huge field position and took away possible points to secure the game. I was there I saw it and anyone who had a heart beat or brain wave who saw it knows it was a bad call. Refs need to be fined for that and I believe they will be REF YOU SUCK!!!

9. GoTitans3801

Yet another reason we need full time refs. They have an important job, we should have a better process to make sure they're professionals.

10. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

"I hope they hear me in New York because that was field position, and we lost by a point. The challenge process was correct as far as replay goes, but I should not have been forced to challenge that play."

GET EM FISH!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar