Fisher Doesn't See Past Rivalry Impacting Playoff Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Today, Coach Jeff Fisher was asked if the past Titans vs. Ravens rivalry will add to the intensity of Saturday's AFC Divisional Playoff game. "No, our approach to this is, we need to do the same things we did that got us here and that’s prepare hard, respect your opponent, with the exception of trying to do things just a little bit better," said Fisher. "There’s been some great matchups, it’s a great rivalry but those things that took place in the past really aren’t going to have any impact on what’s going to happen." When asked to characterize the rivalry, Fisher said it is based on mutual respect. "I think both teams have respect for one another. I can’t speak for them but I that’s exactly how we are," Fisher said. "It’s tough to go out and win your first playoff game on the road and they did so they’re deserving of the respect and we’re looking forward to the opportunity"

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aren't many players/coaches left from then.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Fisher is going in blind, you cant go into this game trying to play like we did all season. Ray Lewis and Suggs are in the weight room drooling from the mouth looking at Collins picture.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

gay-gay for sure, Suggs is probably at the Port Hole picking up seamen

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i have a feeling Finnegan is going to shove Mason right in his bad arm, alot

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Fisher's doing what he always does.

Playing the media like a drum.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Before the week 5 meeting, Fisher was stressing the history of the Tennessee-Baltimore rivalry. I think this time around he's downplaying it because of the penalties our team's emotions led to in the first game. I think he wants the team to take a more level headed approach to this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar