Fisher=complacent=Bring in Chuckie......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

i say they hire Phillip Fulmer for Head Coach

2. lucien05

lucien05 Camp Fodder

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

lucien05,

That is one of my big reasons for bringing him in. He will create on O that fits the players we have. Remember how well he used Garner in Oakland, imagine what he'd do with CJ. He has ties to Tennessee from earlier in his career at UT too. This team needs some fire, and Gruden will bring just that.

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I agree. I don't think we should play the name recognition game. There have been a lot of good young coaches hired that I was unfamiliar with. For example, I had never heard of Mike Tomlin before the Steelers hired him. Obviously they did their homework because he is doing very well.

5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Mike Tomlin had his team set up by bill cowher. so i have to give the credit to bill cowher in that situation. There are many coaches in the NFL I believe can only do so much with one team. Fisher has been with this team for a very long time, and I think his time is up, and change needs to be made, and with what coach IDK. The only thing I can say is I hope the next coach of the Titans, whoever it may be, please motivate the team to play, because I don't see it from fisher this year! I think a coach's motivation is key to sucess, and yet the players play the game, the coach does gameplan and playcalling some of the time, but it's the coach's responsibility to have the team ready to play on sundays and play hard, and motivated!

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Though the OP said that he honestly didn't know about Chucky, I'm gonna chime in and say No Thanks also.

Gruden's 'Super Bowl Caliber' team stated after the fact (Sapp, I think?)that the game went exactly as Gruden said it would during the pregame walk-through. They only won by knowing the playbook, as someone already said here.

It's been rumored that Gruden simply doesn't have the personal skills to motivate players to play for him, resulting in the rather tepid performance in following years. Dunno.... but I do know that he benched Jeff Garcia, and that wasn't too bright.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

With the exception of Rich Gannon, Gruden has alienated and undermined every QB who has ever played for him. (I'm guessing he probably would have screwed Gannon, too, had he not gotten out when he did.)

I honestly think it's an ego thing. He'll build the team into a winner, and the QB does well....but then Gruden gets jealous of all the attention given to the QB, and does something to remind everyone that HE'S the guy in charge.

An awful lot of his former players have nothing good to say about the guy, and don't trust him a bit. He has a reputation for being two-faced, being all buddy-buddy with them in person, then cutting them down behind their backs. Unless you're one of "his boys", he's liable to stick a knife in your back.

He's a smart guy, and he knows football like nobody's business, but I'm not sure he knows a damn thing about building team chemistry or keeping a locker room together.

No thanks.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Very good points Nine. That would be my worry with getting him is what transpired in Tampa. He lost that team at the end of last season, and many say it was for the reasons you mentioned.
    Someone else who is going to get another shot at head coaching, that Im not sure how I feel about, is Mike Nolan. He has done a heck of a job with turning Denver's D around this year. JMD gets a ton of credit there, but Mike Nolan should as well.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

honestly at this point I would welcome Gruden since at least the guy has a fire under his :grrr::grrr::grrr: and you know hes cares about winning first and foremost. But Mike Nolan has done a great job with the Denver defense. He however did get his chance at head coach and well we saw how that went.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'd honestly much prefer Mike Nolan over Shanarat or Cowher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar