Fisher and Titans parting ways

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have an above .700 win percentage in Madden. I'm the man for the job.

2. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Not sure if anyone caught it yet, but I caught the tail end of the ESPN ticker about Fisher wanting his son on staff as quality control assistant or something like that and Bud was adamant about not wanting family members on staff.

Anyone think that could have been the straw that broke the camels back?

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I'm surprised noone really ever brings up the last time Bud got "hands on" with the franchise

That 1993 season where he gave the team an ultimatum of "win the Super Bowl this year or I will break up this team" (the team made the playoffs the last 6 seasons but kept losing)

That year's team went 12-4 (best record in their years in Texas) , won the AFC Central, got a playoff bye, however lost to Kansas City in the playoffs.

The result following? Bud traded away the starting QB, gouged the team, and they went 2-14 the next season (so he fired the coach)

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I do know this, there is a few bromance relationships about to go on the down side. Poor KFC and Nickey :(

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wouldn't surprise me if Fisher tried to get his son on board and left if it wasn't allowed.

Once again... loyalty ruining him.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah....it really doesn't tend to work that way

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah, they can.

Familiar with the reputation the Oilers used to have?

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

...or he doesn't and when let back onto the team, you're going to see the same behaviors again, now with more of the notion that the owner's got his back when he does things

I don't see why people think the things he did to one head coach he won't just do to another

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

After what he ended up doing with a Buffalo team that had made the playoffs two of the last 3 seasons (and 4 out of the last 6) and had been 8-8 the year before he was hired....I'm not sure it's the best direction to go

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I feel like this is an episode of the twilight zone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar